Collision Control Malfunction/Service Advancedtrac/Traction Control Off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Collision Control Malfunction/Service Advancedtrac/Traction Control Off

h2ofowler84

Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limted
So my windshield wipers have been malfunctioning in my 2013 Explorer Limited. The wipers had been staying on and now they only work in the 2 highest settings. So I purchased a new mutlifunction switch in hopes that was the problem. I installed the switch and the issues are till there. While I under the steering column I noticed that there was a connector right under the wiper switch. It is a 24 pin connector (approximately I didn't count). I decided to re-seat that connector and now I have the same wiper issues and the Collision Control Malfunction, Service Advancedtrac, and Traction Control Off indications are popping up on the instrument panel. I unplugged the battery for a min or 2 and the indication is still there. I tried my OBD2 reader, knowing that it was not a OBD2 fault, and as I expected no indications. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? There was no problem before I re-seated the connector. Also second question about the wipers. Is the unit the MFS plugs into bad? If so is it difficult to replace? Any guidance would be awesome!

Back