Combined Recalls for 2011 - 2019 Explorer models | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Combined Recalls for 2011 - 2019 Explorer models

Hi everyone. We received are letter earlier this week. I have a quick question for anyone who was lucky enough to be included in this recall. Did any dealer actually have any of the parts in stock when they brought there explorer in? I'm sure I have a long wait ahead of me. Thanks for responses everybody.

My information was that no dealers were allowed to HOLD parts. The parts were distributed based on an "As Needed" basis.

Leaking or smelling gas is Priority 1 and parts get shipped.

The rest of us with VIN's affected by the batch in the recall have to wait. I was told July would be the month that the fuel sending module replacement parts would be available so we have a few days left.

My dealer is still telling me there are no parts available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pumped some gas last night and someone in the station pointed out that I was leaking gas under the cars passenger side. Dropped it off at the dealer today to be told it might not be done until Monday or Tuesday. I have a trip booked for this weekend and they don't even offer a loaner! Called ford customer service and they're not even open until 8. What a joke.

Pumped some gas last night and someone in the station pointed out that I was leaking gas under the cars passenger side. Dropped it off at the dealer today to be told it might not be done until Monday or Tuesday. I have a trip booked for this weekend and they don't even offer a loaner! Called ford customer service and they're not even open until 8. What a joke.

Same here. I pumped the gas myself, the tank was getting full but the nozzle hadn't clicked off yet, gas was pouring onto the ground by the right rear tire.

Same here. I pumped the gas myself, the tank was getting full but the nozzle hadn't clicked off yet, gas was pouring onto the ground by the right rear tire.

Thats sounding more like an overfill situation

My information from the engineers was the fuel sending module "nipple" that was compromised during the liquid plastic manufacturing process leaks mostly while under pressure with engine on.

Thats sounding more like an overfill situation

My information from the engineers was the fuel sending module "nipple" that was compromised during the liquid plastic manufacturing process leaks mostly while under pressure with engine on.
That's what I thought as well but then he mentioned that the pump had not clicked off yet. I usually stop after the 2nd click and there is no spillage. Perhaps the pumping flow was too slow to activate the shutoff.

Peter

Hi everyone!

You can check to see if your vehicle has any outstanding recalls by entering your VIN here: http://owner.ford.com. If service is required on your vehicle, give your dealership a call and they'll set you up with an appointment.

Crystal

Hi everyone!

You can check to see if your vehicle has any outstanding recalls by entering your VIN here: http://owner.ford.com. If service is required on your vehicle, give your dealership a call and they'll set you up with an appointment.

Crystal

Crystal,

Most of us know whether our vehicle is under the recall, the issue is part availability.

My two inquiries with two separate dealers returned a response of "We have no information on part availability at this time"

"If your leaking gas we are told to call for a special circumstance part release"

If parts are now available then thats great, but communication to dealers needs to occur.

I went to the website, but did not see a place to enter a VIN, can you be more specific?

Sure thing, vfral1; here you go: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage

Crystal,

Most of us know whether our vehicle is under the recall, the issue is part availability...

Hi Sgt1411,

Regional customer service managers (CSMs) can assist with parts availability. Send me your information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) in a PM and I'll get you in contact with your CSM.

Crystal

Check this out: I was just told by my dealer that the fuel module is in short supply and if I'm not smelling gas I can wait a while. Supposedly there was a time span of twenty days on the assembly line when the defective modules were installed.

I was told that a SECOND letter would be coming from Ford about this "safety recall" of the fuel module.

Basically I have been told to wait. BUT THE RECALL LETTER SAYS WE OWNERS SHOULD HAVE THIS REPAIR DONE ON A " TIMELY BASIS" OR FORD WILL DENY COVERAGE FOR ANY VEHICLE DAMAGE, ie - a FIRE).

Comments, guys ??? !!!

Check this out: I was just told by my dealer that the fuel module is in short supply and if I'm not smelling gas I can wait a while. Supposedly there was a time span of twenty days on the assembly line when the defective modules were installed.

I was told that a SECOND letter would be coming from Ford about this "safety recall" of the fuel module.

Basically I have been told to wait. BUT THE RECALL LETTER SAYS WE OWNERS SHOULD HAVE THIS REPAIR DONE ON A " TIMELY BASIS" OR FORD WILL DENY COVERAGE FOR ANY VEHICLE DAMAGE, ie - a FIRE).

Comments, guys ??? !!!
Makes perfect sense to me. If there is a parts shortage, those with immediate (leaking) issue should be moved to the head of the line. They can't furnish parts out of thin air. This was an unexpected failure so there was no stock of extra parts available. I'm hoping that the company that makes the parts will be putting in an extra effort to increase production but I'm not aware of how the system works. Right now I'm assuming that the extra production is being used up by those owners who have the actual leaking issue. With the letter, Ford is just making sure that owners are aware of the urgency in getting the problem addressed, but again it depends on parts availability.

Peter

I'm still asking does the fuel tank have to be dropped to do this repair?

If parts are available the tank will be dropped and the Fuel Delivery Module (Ford's name for the Fuel Pump) will be replaced. It took 6 hours to replace on my vehicle.

I had noted no leakage on my vehicle and had arranged to have it inspected by the dealership so that the parts would be ordered and the pump replaced when it was available. When I arrived for the inspection I was informed that they had just received a shipment of new pumps and would proceed with the replacement.

Filling up my 2013 Export Sport today and noticed that there was something dripping underneath it. There was a spot the size of dinner plate. I pulled forward and wiped my finger across it and smelled like gasoline. Then a new spot was forming from when I pulled forward.

My VIN shows NO recall. I paid close to 50k for this vehicle and I am putting my family in harms way,yet Ford has not issued a recall???!!!! I use to have a Lexus before this and the service I have received at my dealership was beyond sub-par. I can only imagine what I am going to get tomorrow. When they ask me while my car is getting repaired where they can take me. I bought this car with 3 miles on it back in May 2013. Already been in the shop. I almost tempted to drop an extra 20k and trade in this car. I love it but the service I have received at FORD is crap! I had my car for a week and they offered to shuttle me somewhere while the worked on an issue with my SUV.
Sounds more like an 'overfill' than a leak. If it is truly a leak then you should see a spot every place you park. Is this the case?
Also Ford has issued a recall on this issue as the thread title indicates.

Peter

Sounds more like an 'overfill' than a leak. If it is truly a leak then you should see a spot every place you park. Is this the case?
Also Ford has issued a recall on this issue as the thread title indicates.

Peter

Peter thanks for your input but maybe I did not word it clear enough but I already said a NEW spot was forming from when I pulled forward to investigate the "dinner size plate drip".

An overfill or spill would not have me dropping my Explorer at Ford first AM today.

Just sharing my experience this week with the recall in Calgary. Called my servicing dealer and stated I needed to make an appt for the recall. Letter dated 7/31 stated it was an immediate need and that Ford could deny claims if the work was not completed. Service advisor sarcastically asked if I READ the letter. I responded I did and proceeded to read it to him. He then acted surprised saying Ford was supposed to send out a letter stating parts were not yet available and a second letter would be sent at that time.

So he checked with the recall advisor who confirmed that no parts were yet available and to call back after Labor Day. Said they couldn't even supposedly get a part for a police interceptor vehicle yet.

Would be nice if Ford could gets its act together on this issue IMHO. Either don't send letters until parts are available or send a correct letter stating there is a delay with an ETA.

Just sharing my experience this week with the recall in Calgary. Called my servicing dealer and stated I needed to make an appt for the recall. Letter dated 7/31 stated it was an immediate need and that Ford could deny claims if the work was not completed. Service advisor sarcastically asked if I READ the letter. I responded I did and proceeded to read it to him. He then acted surprised saying Ford was supposed to send out a letter stating parts were not yet available and a second letter would be sent at that time.

So he checked with the recall advisor who confirmed that no parts were yet available and to call back after Labor Day. Said they couldn't even supposedly get a part for a police interceptor vehicle yet.

Would be nice if Ford could gets its act together on this issue IMHO. Either don't send letters until parts are available or send a correct letter stating there is a delay with an ETA.
Welcome to the Forum Calgary2013XLT.:wavey:
This just goes to confirm what I've said many times here. Communications is definitely not one of Ford's strong points.:(

Peter

Hi Calgary2013XLT,

I'd like to look into this for you. Please PM your VIN, odometer reading, full name, best daytime phone number, and the dealer you're working with. This information will help me assess the next step. :)

Bianca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...The parts took a few days to come in. Installation was today. Took half the day; no issues.

Sounds like a pretty smooth process, Dexter Morgan. :thumbsup:

Was yours leaking? I took mine in oh 3 weeks ago and it was not leaking and I'm still waiting...

Hi JeffsSport,

Send me your info in a PM; be sure to include your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll loop in your regional customer service manager so they can assist.

Crystal

Back