compressor turns on and off | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

compressor turns on and off

curiosity....

I'm having this problem but only after I replaced the EVR and the vacuum lines going to the EGR valve. could this be a sign that the DPFE is going bad? the compressor is kicking on and off but only when the heater is running. when a/c is on,it acts normal...normal for this truck at least(I think it's possessed and I'm gonna name is Selena haha) the reason I say the DPFE is bad is because it's throwing codes 214 and 335 (EGR and cylinder identification):exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is the relay located for the AC Clutch? I have a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer V8 5.0.
The AC was working great yesterday and today stopped blowing cold air. The clutch on the compressor stays on when switching from low ac to max. The clutch will stop spinning after I shut the AC switch off. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My AC clutch stayed engaged but I found that the AC relay was stuck. Took it apaprt played with the switch a few times and good as new. Where is the AC cycling switch located?

AC kicking on and off

I had this issue. I hooked up a recharge kit. Couldn't get a set reading because the needle kept bouncing with the compressor kicking on and off. I came in to read the forum for an answer. I left the car running. While I was reading it finally kicked on and stayed on. I then could tell it was low and recharged the system. It cycles correctly now and I have cold air.

another question

a/c blew cool, not cold, took it to Ford, they evacuated the system, recharged it, said they "may" be a slow leak on the high pressure hose. Wanted $725 to replace it.

Can the hose when I figure out which one it is be re-hydrated with a little oil?

Live in AZ and very very dry here.

98 explorer sport

Back