1. Tip... Did you know that if you hold most smartphones sideways you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum?
    Dismiss Notice

for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Confused about 4x4CM part number.

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by huff143, December 12, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. huff143

huff143 New Member

City, State:
      Kansas City
      Year and Model:
      2001 Sport Trac
      I'm getting ready to order a new 4x4 control module, but am unsure about the last two letters of the part number. My original is 1L54-7H417-AC. When I cross reference to the new part number (1L5Z-7E453-AC...old one discontinued) it shows that it replaces 1L54-7H417-AE. Mine, of course, ends in AC. What is the difference in the AC and the AE at the end? Will the new part work for mine too?:rolleyes:

Thank you!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. swetrid

swetrid Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Reading Pa
      Year and Model:
      1999 Eddie Bauer
      Eveerytime they change the part number the suffix changes. It was AC then AD then AE so it should be correct.

4. huff143

huff143 New Member

City, State:
      Kansas City
      Year and Model:
      2001 Sport Trac
      Thanks much, swetrid.