• Register Today It's free!

Confused about lift/tire size

DaFinksta

Reaction score
City, State
h'burg, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Well, I have 31x10.50's on my 92 at the moment (with plenty of room in the well). These came stock when I bought the truck little over a year ago. I been asking around on this forum and people say the only way I will be able to get 33's is if I get 5"+ of lift. I just bought a 3" body lift like 2 min ago. My confusion is why I won't be able to fit 33's when I will be lifting it 3 inches and already has 31's. Any help on why I need more than 3" of lift to fit a 2" bigger tire would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most people who say you need alot of lift are the people who don't want to trim any amount off the fenders. If you are willing to trim a bit off the rear of the front wheelwell, and some of the plastic inner fender, you will be fine.

Most people who run 33s are running 33x12.5s not 10.5s thats why they will hit. RangerX brings up an excelent point. Most suspension lifts will increase the performance of the suspension.

You will have to mutilate your fenders to fit 33x12.5's. You could get away with 10" wide on stock rims without trimming most likely.

Thanks a lot...yall really helped! :D :D :D

Going from a 31 to 33-inch tire will affect the overall performance of the vehicle. You will loose power and gas mileage if you do not regear. The net reault will be 1-inch more clearance. If you are looking for offroad performance traction devices may be a better option.

Back