CopyKat's Copy Cat B4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CopyKat's Copy Cat B4

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CopyKat

Picked up a well worn 87 B2 Cuz I wanted a rig like my buddies.

Stock 2.9L Mitz FM145, 1350 electric, 7.5" open rear, D28 front. Full Power interior, no power seats.
B4.jpg

I started to tear it apart to fix some floor pan issues. I Copied MoabB2's build and pulled the body off the bent frame, and scrapped the old frame.
BIV%20001.jpg

Copied Fortune410's previous build and installed a 4.0L and M5OD with a manual 1354.
MoreBIV%20060.jpg

Copied a couple other guys and put in a 90 interior from another parts truck I picked up.
MoreBIV%20101.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was slated for a lift so the factory 7.5" (3.45) rear axle wasn't going to cut it. Along with the saggy springs. 2wd F150 springs and front spring brackets were used out back with an extended shackle, no blocks. An 8.8 (3.73) out of an explorer with a factory trac-loc. Disc brakes were added.
MoreBIV%20262.jpg

The factory front D28 axle (3.45) was scrapped in favor for a D35 from a previous project. Lockrite locker was installed. Custom extended rad arms, and custom built lift brackets. F150 coil buckets. EB 5.5" lift coils were used and a custom shock hoop was fabricated.
MoreBIV%20209.jpg

MoreBIV%20258.jpg

Got it all running and ready for safety inspection.

MoreBIV%20293.jpg

Couple more poser shots

MoreBIV%20296.jpg

MoreBIV%20297.jpg

Installed the quad shock setup, up front.

MoreBIV%20299.jpg

MoreBIV%20301.jpg

MoreBIV%20306_old.jpg

Took it out wheeling. What better way to test it out on it's maiden voyage than out in the snow coverd rocks.

RennieJan07025.jpg

Rennie046.jpg

Rennie049.jpg

Rennie062.jpg

Sweet rig. Who ever said a TTb cant flex.

haha cool.. what color are you going to paint it?

I like the flat grey, and the stock rims.:thumbsup:

What size are those tires?

Nice truck! grill looks great

Nice truck! grill looks great

That has got to be the most talked about feature of it. I was going to do the EB grill swap but couldn't find a good enough grill for it. I saw a couple of pictures of a guy that swapped a Scout II grill and cut the center of the B2 grill out and placed that into the Scout grill. I liked the look but no access to any scout grill. SO I used the factory B2 grill and cut the rectangular part out of the lights and replaced it with a fiberglass one I made.

I figured you fabbed that up, it came out real nice.
How are the round lights fit into the factory bucket? Adjustable?
Very nice rig :)

I figured you fabbed that up, it came out real nice.
How are the round lights fit into the factory bucket? Adjustable?
Very nice rig :)

The square bucket was removed and the round one I got from the donar was used. Yes they are adjustable. Instead of the 2 points and spring I made a 3 point aiming setup. The factory core support was massaged heavily with a BFH. to get the round lights to sit in the openings. I supose one could make some stand off posts and move the lights out some then the fancy bucket I made could be made out of just a flat piece.

How cold is it there that you need to cover the radiator? Where are you?

How cold is it there that you need to cover the radiator? Where are you?

The past 4 weeks have averaged -36. Couple days it was -38. got close to -50 with the windchill.

My rad has already froze up on me this year. I'm just lucky I didn't wreck anything.

Even with the cover over the Grill it will just barely hit N on the guage. I've only had to trun teh electric fan on 2 times since it's been on the road. 1 of them was when I was out wheeling. Taurus fans rock for that.;)

Sweeet rig man! You have done a lot to it and it turned out great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha Ha! Nice initials in the bedliner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back