Hows my tin work??
P1000185.jpg
P1000189.jpg
P1000190.jpg
P1000188.jpg
P1000187.jpg
P1000186.jpg
Picking up my glass materials tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only update for today is I got the passenger rear wheel well opening shaped and covered it in foil. So all the foil is on and it's time to start glassing. Picked up 2 gallons of resin and 20 meters of chop mat. Going it start glassing tomorrow. Need to make up a roller tomorrow at work, and grab a few brushes.

Im watching, cannot wait to see the results
You looking forward to hacking up your BII to fit the new hand made glass?

Im watching, cannot wait to see the results
You looking forward to hacking up your BII to fit the new hand made glass?

Likely the white front fenders I have as mock up will end up on my rig. The glass will get fastened to those.

Not sure how I plan to cut the rear. I'll likely just cut the tub and transfer that line to the outside skin. Trim the original fender till I can fit the glass quarters on. Going to have to pull the interior side panels off and make sure that the interior is sealed to the outside.

Am I looking forward to it?? Hell ya! I've been waiting for this to come for a long time.

I got one done in 4 layers. Fawkin gallon of resin for one. Slight miss calculation. What a PITA to do in the wheel well. Once I pull them off I'll run another couple of layers to thicken them up. They are in the path of flyin debris.

P1000191.jpg

P1000192.jpg

P1000193.jpg

Awesome work copyKat!!

So I take it you're not going to use those tires ? ;)

You probably already know of this but just in case, there is a release agent called PVA (polyvinul acetate) which epoxy does not stick to. It can be rolled on but preferably sprayed (you can thin it out with [I think] acetone). PVA is available in most boat/marine shops.

Awesome work copyKat!!

So I take it you're not going to use those tires ? ;)

You probably already know of this but just in case, there is a release agent called PVA (polyvinul acetate) which epoxy does not stick to. It can be rolled on but preferably sprayed (you can thin it out with [I think] acetone). PVA is available in most boat/marine shops.

Tires are Junk so I DGAF. The floor is dirt so I equally DGAF.

Ya I know of the PVA. I have some but I didn't want to use it. Bad enough that the first layer of glass didn't want to stick to the foil.

On a lighter side.

Booooyaaaaaa

#2 done. I used a different resin I had as I'm left with only 1 gallon left that I bought the other day. I've got about 2 gallons left from about 3. It was just over half of a 5 gallon pail. Now I have 2 left to go. will be doing that tomorrow.
P1000194.jpg

P1000195.jpg

your not even using this truck are you? let alone the tires

Nope. It'll be going to the shredders in about a weeks time. Need to pull the 302 C4 and the rest of the drivetrain. 4.10 gears will be going in my truck eventually.:salute:

A donor truck? Well that explains the "DGAF" <-- hehe.

metal prices are up!
I got $190 for a 96 4 door shell with almost nothing left but interior....

metal prices are up!
I got $190 for a 96 4 door shell with almost nothing left but interior....

$200/ton here. I get a buddy to come pick up my scrap. He's good in that if he comes across a ranger, B2 or explroer he lets me know and I have free pickings:D

Drivers side front
P1000196.jpg

Drivers front with Fender frame.
P1000201.jpg

Rough Trimmed and mounted the fronts.
P1000202.jpg

P1000203.jpg

P1000204.jpg

P1000205.jpg

P1000206.jpg

P1000207.jpg

P1000208.jpg

P1000209.jpg

Awesome work CopyKat

Idea: use those as "plugs" / "molds" (stiffen it up) and start cranking out fenders for some cash.

Finished up the last rear quarter panel last night.

P1000210.jpg

I was goofing around and wanted to see if I could polish up the wheels.:rolleyes: Now I'm on the hook to do the other 3.:confused:

P1000211.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yeah it's looking good, copy cat what all do you have tied up in expences?I must say im good with fiberglass but that doesnt look like a john boat...hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back