and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Cordless Mowers and Trimmers

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by toypaseo, April 21, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      outside shovelling snow
      Year and Model:
      ................ 96 XLT ™
      first of all, get your mind out of the gutter :D

Purchased a house last year, right about when you stop mowing the lawn. Need to purchase a lawnmower, and a string trimmer (weed-eater) for this years festivities. I can get $40/month lawn mowing through my HOA. I figured for how small my yard really is, that is a ripoff. I might be able to mow my front yard in around 15 minutes. My backyard, under 5. All flat also.

With the gas prices expected to go up even more, I am looking at cordless battery powered mowers. Since I don't want to drag a long extension cord everywhere, I am also looking at cordless trimmers.

Both of these are high rated in Consumer Reports.

these are also possibilities:

Anyone even use cordless mowers on here...?

Anyone have good/bad input...?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      outside shovelling snow
      Year and Model:
      ................ 96 XLT ™
      UPDATE:

I opted for the B&D CM1836 mower, and the B&D NST1024 trimmer.

Amazon had 20% off Patio, Lawn, and Garden if you used the Amazon Visa. I signed up for it, and got an additional $40 off. Grand total was $304.86. Before discounts it was $431.08 :confused:

Trimmer battery is charging right now.

Plugged the mower battery in around 11:30am, and it was ready to go about 4:30pm. Assembly was easy, and only required a ½" wrench, and was completed in a few minutes. Mower is very quiet. Handled most of my lawn easily. Bogged on some long/thick patches, but recovered no problem. Seemed to mulch well. Battery lasted through all the mowing. Not sure how long I was mowing though. I should have timed it. I mowed my front yard, back yard, and behind my fence in the alley. Multiple runs behind the fence to mulch the leaves and weeds. Then I ran across most of my back yard to remulch places where the grass was long/thick, and to remulch grass clods left from the non-mulching mower used a week ago.

So far, loving the low decibles :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and NO GAS FUMES [​IMG] :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Limited02

Limited02 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      Year and Model:
      '02 Limited V8
      I know this is late, but I bought the Ryobi 18v lithium ion trimmer when I moved into my has three years ago and it works like a beauty. My yard is a tad bigger as it takes me a solid hour if I hurry just to push mow it, so I've got a gas mower.

I will say that I too love not having to mess with mixing oil, no smell and hoping the trimmer will start. Best of all, the battery interchanges with my drills!