1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Couldn't pull out the key from ignition

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by syed2001, November 15, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. syed2001

syed2001 New Member

City, State:
      Riyadh-Saudi Arabia
      Year and Model:
      2010 Ford Explorer
      Hi,
      I have Ford Explorer Model 2010, Right now I am facing a problem that I couldn't pull out the key from the ignition. I can drive the car, every thing is perfect, after stopping the car I shift the gear in parking (P) and apply the brakes. After that I am stop the vehicle and turn off the ignition completey , extremely left and trying to pull out the key from the ignition, but it is not possible. I tried every thing what i know but nothing happen.

Please help

TY

Syed:mad:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Mr. Blue

Mr. Blue New Member

City, State:
      Elmont NY
      Year and Model:
      1994 Ford Explorer
      i had this problem on a 2011 subaru i had to push it in then turn it slightly then it finally came out.. weirdest thing. think its just a new care kinda thing. anyway play with it a bit see what comes of it!

4. syed2001

syed2001 New Member

City, State:
      Riyadh-Saudi Arabia
      Year and Model:
      2010 Ford Explorer
      Yes it works

Hi,
      I have Ford Explorer Model 2010, Right now I am facing a problem that I couldn't pull out the key from the ignition. I can drive the car, every thing is perfect, after stopping the car I shift the gear in parking (P) and apply the brakes. After that I am stop the vehicle and turn off the ignition completey , extremely left and trying to pull out the key from the ignition, but it is not possible. I tried every thing what i know but nothing happen.

Please help

TY

Syed

------------------------------------------------

Yes I pull out the key successfully, before turning it on the last position i pull out, or after go to the last position, then slightly move upward and then it came-out easily.
      TY

Hassan

Thanks a lot .