and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Cranking problem

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CJEG, April 8, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. CJEG

CJEG New Member

Year and Model:
      92Explorer 4WD
      I'm sure this not a new question but I just can"t navigate the site. So,this deemed to be the quickest way to get heard...... 1992 Explorer suddenly stopped cranking and now all I get each time I turn the key, is a click from the starter relay located on the right tire well wall, next to the battery. I checked the battery charge and tightened the connections. Still just a click. I jumped the relay by jumping it but still only get the click. I swapped out the relay with one from another Explorer and still.... I removed the starter and jumped the solenoid and both worked just fine. Question: Could it be the neutral sensor switch?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.