Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boomin, having been one of few to install the RCD kit on a sploder feel free to contact me with any questions. PM me if you want my cell number. It is fairly easy but there may be a few snags. It can be done in a day with a couple handy people.

I am working on getting skunk to go. THe more I think about it the more I want to. If he wont go I will try to make it down to Spas's place and hitch a ride.

Next thing.

DOES ANYONE NEED ANYTHING PARTS WISE for the run???
Asuming I make it down there I am willing to bring almost any part that people need to participate. It would be cool to see as many trucks out as possible. I have my truck being parted but am willing to loan out parts for the run free of charge. Of course if you want to buy them thats sweet too.

Unfortunately if Skunk cant go I will have to ride along, though I could probably borrow the tracker I would have NO way of getting to all the way down there and back. Unless ofcourse someone wants to tow it ;) We have a trailer. heh, wishfull thinking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Xzibit A said:
so its gonna be like 10 bucks a person a night rightk, cool, what do we need to bring , i remember you said you have alomst everything, what should we bring so i can start getting ready, oh and also can we bring pets, we just got a new puppy and would rather not leave her at home

I've seen dogs ride along before, but it's not a good idea... Jack from the Md Creepers usually brings his dogs to the 'Big Dogs' run down in Va that they attend, but he leaves them locked in the tent or the truck for the whole day. I don't think you wanna risk puppy poo on your sleeping bags, though :eek:

Leaving a dog in a tent is not good when its hot. Got to be someone that will babysit a cute cuddily little puppy. :D

Larry, I will be hitting I77 somewhere. I presume it will be somewhere around where you said.

Plus I am alergic to dogs, so having one around will make for a bad time for me

TheRookie said:
Boomin, having been one of few to install the RCD kit on a sploder feel free to contact me with any questions. PM me if you want my cell number. It is fairly easy but there may be a few snags. It can be done in a day with a couple handy people.

I am working on getting skunk to go. THe more I think about it the more I want to. If he wont go I will try to make it down to Spas's place and hitch a ride.

Next thing.

DOES ANYONE NEED ANYTHING PARTS WISE for the run???
Asuming I make it down there I am willing to bring almost any part that people need to participate. It would be cool to see as many trucks out as possible. I have my truck being parted but am willing to loan out parts for the run free of charge. Of course if you want to buy them thats sweet too.

Unfortunately if Skunk cant go I will have to ride along, though I could probably borrow the tracker I would have NO way of getting to all the way down there and back. Unless ofcourse someone wants to tow it ;) We have a trailer. heh, wishfull thinking.

honeslty yes id like to have a spare CV shaft or 2 off a 2nd gen ex

Xzibit A said:
honeslty yes id like to have a spare CV shaft or 2 off a 2nd gen ex
I'll be carrying some spare 2nd gen parts in case any breakage..

I will at the very least have a spare computer, alt, Serp belt(w/o AC and 1 with), stalk brakelines(Front), and even a fuel pump. Ya never know. That is my usual spares packup kit. I think I even have 2 spare altinators if someone is looking for a cheap spare.

Hey Josh Adams, we need to work out when we want to meet up, I will probably come to Hartwell the night before and then head up that way. I can meet you anywhere between there and Charlotte presuming that you are gonna use 85N. I am sure it has been discussed, but are sliders a must for this trail ride? If so, I will need to get those worked out asap and also get my rear shackles on, I want to be able to ride on something challenging.

If my math is correct it'll be $12.31 per person if we have everyone on my previous list both night + the $2 per vehicle if you plan to park in the site.

My Cell: 920-279-6644

What I have:
13x18 10-man tent (we normally don't have more than 7 in it) it's a 4 room tent so we normally but 3 couples and 1 single.
4-man tent currently being claimed by Josh
a 2-man backpacking tent. You break it you buy it
a 1-man backpacking tent. It's freak'n small

Kitchen:
13x10 screen tent
propane 2-burner stove on "patrol box" which holds pots & pans, utencils, spices, garbage bags, wash tubs for dishes, plates, forks, knives, spoons, etc, etc.
Aluminum table that easily fits 4 probably 6 or 8 (never tested)
2 40qt (I think) coolers
1 electric cooler

Chairs including kitchen ones: 8+ (I'm not quite sure)

Special Items by request... I probably have it!

I'll set a reminder to call the campsite and check on dogs and get the reservation.

I can bring 2 previously used 2nd Gen Hubs if anyone wants/need 'em.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have first gen parts.

well i was going to bring my project down and its not to gether and my toyota cracked a head or head gasked so i am down to my 2001 sport but i plan on going down there to watch and mybe take my explorer on something very mild because its my only ride that works right now. Would nayone have room fo my dad and i to ride along on the trail???

TheRookie said:
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have first gen parts.

Rook, I hope your ready to do another torsion bar swap, I feel like breaking another one :D

I walked outside today to the sound of an angle grinder and find Patrick starting a dang SAS on his Durango in my driveway!! He's getting ready for this trip big time!

Attachments

• gasouthern.jpg
    gasouthern.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 133

jasonb said:
I walked outside today to the sound of an angle grinder and find Patrick starting a dang SAS on his Durango in my driveway!! He's getting ready for this trip big time!

Lol.. You should be coming regardless too.. Do you really care about your clients? I don't :D

I wouldn't care so much if wasn't for the fact that they pay for stuff. Like my house and food or other nonessential things. :D

I'm out... I didn't get my request for time off in soon enough... Every person who did not request off for that Saturday and Sunday is working that Saturday and Sunday :fire:

Blee1099 said:
Rook, I hope your ready to do another torsion bar swap, I feel like breaking another one :D

I would put money on being able to do it in under 5 mins with a cordless impact. I still dont understand why people use the 2 jaw puller.

goatja said:
well i was going to bring my project down and its not to gether and my toyota cracked a head or head gasked so i am down to my 2001 sport but i plan on going down there to watch and mybe take my explorer on something very mild because its my only ride that works right now. Would nayone have room fo my dad and i to ride along on the trail???
I am running solo unless my wife decides to come but I think she won't. Could use someone to handle the digital camera. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Misty Mountain Update for us true campers

from their site:
Pets -- are allowed on your site, the roadways, and in the woods. Pets are NOT allowed in any building or play area. Watch for signs which say "PLAY AREA - NO PETS". Pets must be leashed, cleaned up after, and remain quiet at all times. Additional pets (more than 1) $2 each per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back