Current offers question 950 cash back | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Current offers question 950 cash back

justalfe

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas,NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Good Morning,

I am in the middle of a dilemma and the dealer and I cant seem to agree.

On fords website it states that there is a 950 cash back if you "Dont" finance with the special apr and there is also a 1450 rebate.

I want to receive both the 950+ the 1450 in offers. My dealer is saying that they can only do the 1450 who is right?

I also called Ford customer care and they told me that those two offers are separate so the manager stated she doesn't see why they cant be combined.

this is for a 2016 XLT explorer in inventory.
http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/incentives/ zip code 89081
offers.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In most cases it is one or the other but in this case it does look like 2 separate offers. I tend to agree that you should get both. You can tell them I said so.:D

Peter

Looks like two separate offers to me as well. When I bought my Platinum last month I got the $950. Maybe that one was replaced by the $1450 and they haven't fixed the website yet.

Similar dilema

I am glad this topic was brought up. I just emailed the dealer I am working with on this subject yesterday. Our dealer couldn't find the 2016 Explorer we were looking for so they ordered our Explorer (1/14/2016). Still waiting for it to be built/delivered. When we signed our papers our salesman said he didn't lock in the incentives because they most likely would get better. I looked on the Ford site yesterday and saw this new incentive, competitive conquest incentive for $1500 plus there is the $950 cash incident. I asked my salesman yesterday if he could lock these 2 incentives in for us instead of the $1200 ($250 and $950) incentive at the time we signed the order and put our down payment. Now he is telling me he can do a new search for an Explorer that meets our needs instead of the one we ordered. I am sorry Ford this is double talk. Is this dealer right? One other question. I requested a 2016 Explorer brochure before we ordered our Explorer and it has a $750 separate cash offer as well. Can this be added to the current incentives as well?

I'm not sure about the offer in the brochure (I forgot to take that with me when I bought ours...damn!) but I know the $950 that I got is only good if you take delivery from dealer stock. You would not get the money if you ordered the car. The salesman should know that!

Similar Delima

I need to clarify my original post (Similar Delima) the ordered Explorer I mentioned. Long story short. My wife had an accident with our 2014 Explorer 12/28/15. Towed to our dealership for repairs. While we waited to hear from the insurance company we talked with our salesman and told him the Explorer looked pretty bad. We told him if it gets totaled by the insurance we would most likely get another Explorer. Well, the salesman actually order a 2016 Explorer identical options as our 2014 that day. It was a week later our insurance called and told us our 2014 Explorer was totaled. We went to the dealership and I actually asked the salesman if he really ordered that Explorer and he said yes. So, we put $500 down to hold it, so we are actually buying an Explorer from the dealerships stock. Hope this helps clarify my original post/question above about the incentive I asked my salesman to lock in today. Doesn't sound like he will and that has me a little hot.

I had no luck calling fords customer service as they tell you over and over again that the buyer is to call there dealer for specifics. I personally think its a conlfict of interest with a dealer not wanting to give both deals.

If anyone in the industry can for sure say these were supposed to be given to me I would like to go back to my dealer and say where my money.

By the way I am a proud owner of a new 2016 Explorer XLT v6 and loving it. Only thing I wish I would have gotten was a factory trailer hitch

I had no luck calling fords customer service as they tell you over and over again that the buyer is to call there dealer for specifics. I personally think its a conlfict of interest with a dealer not wanting to give both deals.

If anyone in the industry can for sure say these were supposed to be given to me I would like to go back to my dealer and say where my money.

By the way I am a proud owner of a new 2016 Explorer XLT v6 and loving it. Only thing I wish I would have gotten was a factory trailer hitch
I still think you should get both offers. If I understand it correctly, the offers are made by Ford, not the dealer so the dealer should not lose out on any money unless they give you just the one offer and submit a claim to Ford for both of them. They wouldn't do that now, would they?
Congrats on the new XLT. It would be helpful if you added "XLT" to your profile so it shows in the margin.:thumbsup:

Peter

IF you check the website now, the $950 changed to $1,450 so the rebate is $1,450 and the $950 just wasn't updated. It is not separate rebates.

You cut off the fine print on your screen shot on the left screen but I bet it was the same program.. just one section was updated with the additional $500 and the other wasn't updated yet.

If you read the fine print for each, the program number is the same, program # 12888 .

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-13%20at%202.49.44%20PM_zps5dr0yddm.png

IF you check the website now, the $950 changed to $1,450 so the rebate is $1,450 and the $950 just wasn't updated. It is not separate rebates.

You cut off the fine print on your screen shot on the left screen but I bet it was the same program.. just one section was updated with the additional $500 and the other wasn't updated yet.

If you read the fine print for each, the program number is the same, program # 12888 .

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-13%20at%202.49.44%20PM_zps5dr0yddm.png

Not all Explorer models might qualify, I read on the same page somewhere. What does it mean?

Incentives

I spoke with my salesman and due to my situation, waiting for a dealer ordered Explorer. We can either go with the incentives at that time we put the money down on or if the incentives are better when the Explorer comes in and we sign the paper we can go with those incentives. I stand corrected from my previous post.

Can we combine both the 0% APR incentive with $1,450 incentive?

Can we combine both the 0% APR incentive with $1,450 incentive?
According to the image shown in post 10. It says one OR the other.

Peter

True car discount for me combined with manufactures rebate of only 500 was back in December all out totaling in 4.7K off from MSRP. Current manufactures rebate has been added, $1450. I would not take the truck if 1K would not be added. Manager showed me the invoice price and that they are loosing 2+K invoice price. At the end got Explorer Sport for 5.7K below MSRP.

Just wanted to let you all know that a kicking motion sensor to open a trunk is standard on Sport with 401A package. When looking around Car Gurus and other sites dealers have that option as an added option of $500 or so.

Just wanted to let you all know that a kicking motion sensor to open a trunk is standard on Sport with 401A package. When looking around Car Gurus and other sites dealers have that option as an added option of $500 or so.
On Canadian models the Foot-Activated Hands-Free Power Liftgate is standard equipment on the Limited, Sport and Platinum.

Peter

Back