daily driver project | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

daily driver project

oh and the mig is for flux core. i practice on fence posts.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cheep and crapy is good for me! learning is learning and practice will make me better no matter what machine. would you want to just simply sell it?

well, i just happen to be trying to get hold of this 87 bronco, so i need fast cash! probably 100 bux?

well is it like a 90 or 110? does it come with the gun, spool of wire and most everything to just plug in and go (accept gloves, helmet, ect.)

i think it's a 90. i'm not at home right now but i'll take a look this afternoon and call you. i have your number in my pm's i think right? either way, i just gotta raise some cash to buy this truck! i answered an ad for a rebuildable 302 for 100 bucks, and the next thing you know, i'm getting a whole 87 bronco for 400!

nice, $400 sounds pretty good. i want a 302!

yeah i'm super stoked. i think if i can get cybergasm to buy my bug, i'll actually have the dough to buy it and get started! i'm gonna yank the body off it as soon as i get it to the house, and start doctoring the frame. i'm gonna completely box and truss it. this is gonna be the toughest bronco alive......

im gonna be waiting for the thread to start. you better have alot of pictures! :) i love broncos

well, i'm not gonna start this one till i have the title in hand. too many of my projects have died early deaths because i rushed the deal. i still have an explorer frame and body with a motor in it that i haven't started yet....

nothing great has happened lately with either truck. been pretty busy lately which is a bummer cause i don't really like haveing to drive my dad's taurus :rolleyes:

i was working on it today, hoping that i would get alot done, since i got the heads and upper intake finally on and torqued, and the headers on to. but for wahtever reason, the threads stripped out on my head where the rocker arn bolts in the middle :mad:

how things were sitting this morning
102_2414.jpg

the headers. ok, i've heard it alot on here that headers on a first gen is not worth it. but i thought, "well, im gonna have the heads off and the manifolds disconected, and im gonna be replacing the exhaust from the y pipe back with the exhaust form the white one (better condition, and it's a gibson) why not put headers on?" no better time to do it right? pfffffffffff! i am now one of the people who say, its not worth it! the big pita. but there on now :)

102_2415.jpg

the stridded thread (no, i didn't over tighten it or cross thread it! it threaded fine and wasn't even close to being torqued all the way)

102_2416.jpg

and pictures of our junk yard (backyard)

the trrucks

102_2406.jpg

this is the car i have to drive in the meantime
102_2412.jpg

thats right, it has an amp and guitars spray painted on it haha
102_2413.jpg

and this little thing i just picked up last week. my friends parents gave it to me for $free.99. 1990 ford thunderbird super coup. horrible brakes and alot of electrical problems (you have to put on the right blinker and press the brakes to start it haha)

102_2408.jpg

102_2409.jpg

and a randome pic
102_2411.jpg

we have five fords in the back yard, and three of them work.
between me and jim, we had for a little while last week, five none op cars. one broken explorer, one explorer with no heads on it, one navajo in the shop for forever, a t-bird with no brakes, and a yukon denali in the shop. :rolleyes:

I see ya did'nt find any help either? but your lucky it's only heads your doing i am stuck swapping motors right now....

That's an AWFULLY nice looking house next door, they must LOVE having you for a neighbor!!! ;)

FWIW, we're bringing down our nighborhood too. :)

Mike

yeah that house is pretty cool, he built the whole thing to look like a castle, it even has a cannon

jeesh if you were closer id donate another good running 91 to ya. free!

jeesh if you were closer id donate another good running 91 to ya. free!

haha i don't think i need anymore cars, im already turning down some free cars.

but things are looking up. the navajo is out of the shop and running good, and the t-bird's brakes have been fixed, so its running pretty good too.

the only thing is, when i get the black explorer running, what cars do i keep and what di get rid of. and what do i do with the wrecked white ex?

...dibs on the front door handles and maybe both drivers window motors...:D
btw, i wish i didn't see the twin oj's front coil setup's...i've been thinking about them a bunch...:scratch:

update

well yesterday was a great day for working on cars

th_102_2611.jpg

thats right, its running! its just straight headers in the video, and im not sure what the whine is, i think the steering.

blackexplorer001.jpg

Nice Job have'nt watch the video yet but i remember when i got my mine running through open headers too :D

what happen to the oil cap?

BTW that whine IS the power steering pump mine has been doing that same thing since i swapped motors.

but then again i noticed a few other X's at Truckhaven with that same noise.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have no clue what happened to the oil cap hahah. it muct be around somewhere, i took it off to paint te valve covers. you know what, i think its in my shed. and i checked my p/s fluid today, it was empty. so that might help to fill it up.

took all the hoses off to replace them today, they were really soft. and i was trying to get my gibson exhaust off the white ex, exhaust is a pita

Back