damn seat bracket torxs bolt wont budge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

damn seat bracket torxs bolt wont budge

backfrmcolorado

Reaction score
City, State
Commerce Twp, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie B explod*****
Any easy way to get the torxs bolt out from the seatbelt slide on a 92x

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well... I'll tell you what I did...

I had to use a piece of pipe over my wrench handle, only then did it BARELY start to move...

I used an impact gun and it worked on all except 1. The one that it didn't work on it ripped the welded bolt right from the body. I now have a bolt/nut holding that one corner down.

Use a very good torx bit, or it will bend/strip.

~Mark

I must be lucky. I never had a problem getting mine off on 3 X's. 1/2" socket worked fine.

crawl under the truck and find where they go through, then spray liberally with Rust off or rust freeze. Let soak and do it again.

You can also use heat from the under side, but you have to be careful of catching the rug on fire.

Propane torch from underneath

Edit got beat by 1 min lol

Great minds Junkie

Like tweaked said. Lube from underneath. I like a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF for freeing up stuck bolts and nuts. I'd get nervous about a cheater bar, I can twist heads off bolts pretty easy.....

Welll i got the slide bars off...the bolts are still there. I kinda got pissed off and just to a die grinder and air hammer to them. Im just going to drill new holes then reinforce it with big washers from under truck and inside.its not going to be a big problem for now since it will be a few weeks untill it gets plated and i get the engine tick figured out. ( just picked the truck up two days ago for $700...kinda a work in progress...)

Back