Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited

vuhothang

Reaction score
City, State
HCMC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Explorer Limited
Dear all,

Can someone show for me video or picture of DRL Explorer 2017 LTD, Sport, Pla.

with forscan some BCM, IPC, now my settings have Daylights option, but i can see any light turn on.

IPC 720-02-01 xExx x.. xxzz Daytime Lights option & Lane Keeping System present in Settings

BCM
726-16-02 0000 0000 00zz -> 0101 0101 01zz (US)
726-21-01 1401 0001 00zz -> 1401 0001 01zz
726-50-01 017F

i read more on F150 forum to try set DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
BCM
726-26-02 x0xx xxxx xxzz -> x1xx xxxx xxzz
726-50-01 017F
Parking Lights don't turn on.

Use forscan to read BdyCM Module Configuration, i can chose but when write - error - nothing change.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the DRL on the Sport is the same as my Platinum. The DRL are on the low beam LED headlights at reduced power. Are you sure that your Limited doesn't have the "configurable " DRL? Some Explorers have the option to turn DRL ON or OFF. Is your Explorer an 'Export' version or a U.S or Canadian Explorer?

Peter

My Explorer is Exported for VietNam, in setting doesn't DRL. I was forscan to have DRL in setting menu. My lights: Frog white led, Parking white led, low beam white led, high beam yellow halogen, signature unknown.

I know nothing about Vietnam spec Explorers. US versions (at least in Platinum) have a LED ring and the configurable option to have headlight on in addition. Low & highbeam are both white LED.

I know nothing about Vietnam spec Explorers. US versions (at least in Platinum) have a LED ring and the configurable option to have headlight on in addition. Low & highbeam are both white LED.
The LED ring is called 'Signature' lighting and the low beam is LED while the high beam is halogen. In the 2018 they are both LED. As far as I know the lights on my Platinum are not configurable unless you use Forscan. The signature lights are on all the time. At least I haven't found that in the Manual.

Peter

Peter, you have way too much time on your hands to know this much and desire to correct every little inconsistency.

Peter, you have way too much time on your hands to know this much and desire to correct every little inconsistency.
Just something to keep busy with in retirement.:)

With the configurable option set to "On" in the cluster menu, you have to have the headlights in the Auto position for the DRL to work.

In the USA this is how you would do it

With the configurable option set to "On" in the cluster menu, you have to have the headlights in the Auto position for the DRL to work.
The above applies to non Canadian market Explorers as in Canada the DRL is not configurable since DRL is mandatory.

Is it possible to have only the LED strips active and NOT the low beam when the DRL's are activated? When I'm in park the LED strips stay lit and the low beams turn off. I would prefer to have it this way while in drive as well.

Now with:
726-16-02 0000 0000 00zz ---> 0101 0101 01zz
726-21-01 1401 0001 00zz ---> 1401 0001 01zz
720-02-01 6DA5 B450 1Czz ---> xxEx xxxx xxzz
726-26-02 x0x1 xxxx xxzz
726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxzz (can change 726-45-01)
726-50-01 08zz (Turnsignal as DRL)

Some value to use at 726-50-01 XXzz
01 (Disabled - Default (USA) / No DRL)
02 (Enabled - DRL Low Beams)
04 (Enabled - DRL Front Fog Lamps)
08 (Enabled - DRL Front Turn Lamps)
10 (Enabled - DRL Dedicated) - Enables BCM DRL Outputs - C2280C Pins 36 (Right) and 40 (Left)
20 (Enabled - DRL High Beams)
40 (Enabled - DRL Low Beams and Dedicated)

Read from 2gfusion forum

Is it possible to have only the LED strips active and NOT the low beam when the DRL's are activated? When I'm in park the LED strips stay lit and the low beams turn off. I would prefer to have it this way while in drive as well.

Turn off Daytime Lights in your IPC and it should behave precisely as you describe.

Don't the U.S. models have the option in the settings to turn DRL ON or OFF? If so, and you turn the setting to OFF, do the signature lights stay ON?

Peter

Signature lights are not affected by the IPC option. If you uncheck it, the low beam DRL stays off in any driving gear. The signature lights will stay lit.

Signature lights are not affected by the IPC option. If you uncheck it, the low beam DRL stays off in any driving gear. The signature lights will stay lit.
I think that is what DanF861 was looking for. I think that would be a better option than reprogramming.

Turn off Daytime Lights in your IPC and it should behave precisely as you describe.
When i tried, whether it was in the IPC or not, checked or not, it did not work. Low beams still stayed on. ( in reference to the video to put park lamps on)

Thanks for the input on this. I will give it a try tomorrow. I read in some other threads that with the DRL turned OFF in settings and the lamps in AUTO that the signature LED strips won’t stay lit. But it sounds like they just might...

Thanks for the input on this. I will give it a try tomorrow. I read in some other threads that with the DRL turned OFF in settings and the lamps in AUTO that the signature LED strips won’t stay lit. But it sounds like they just might...

Until I get the BCM changed right, if ever, I can't even find a way to get those strips to turn off. :)

With that box unchecked, with headlamps in auto or OFF, those strips stay lit. Along with every other mode too...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With IPC 720-02-01 6DA5 B450 1Czz ---> xxEx xxxx xxzz
In setting - Lights have Daytime Running Light, if uncheck the turnsignal turn off, check turnsignal on ( DRL only turn on when i switch Auto lights)

Back