Daytime running lights

steph8

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4dr 4wd
Hi,

Few weeks ago, I parked my X and I noticed my lights were on so I went back to turn them off but they were off. Therefore, I unplugged the battery while I read my owner's manual to troubleshoot, No luck. :thumbdwn: So I remove the daytime running light fuse but it was fine. I suspect that I have a malfunctioning relay but I do not know where this relay is located.

Can someone indicate me where the daytime running light relay is located?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The DRL module is behind the bumper on he driver's side of the vehicle. Follow the fog light wire up until you reach a connector in that line. The drl module should be right next to that connector, and is a black box with fins, and an oval-shaped connector. I'll see if I can find a picture.

EDIT: Picture of DRL module location.

hello

Head lights do not turn on except if I try flashing them. The only fuse blown was the DRL, all othere good. Replacing the fuse didn't fix the problem, new fuse didn't blow. Is the drl module (ford 2001 sport trac) screwed?
bob

Question from a newbie

Hi there, can someone please point me to the right thread about installing daytime running lights on my '05 XLT. I noticed some posts said the dealer can do it by using their computer, where as others have said you must buy the parts and you can DIY. I know the '06+ models are done at the dealer.

My '05 already has the fuse installed, and I know where the relay is supposed to go, but there is nothing for the relay to be connected to; I know because I tried to place another relay there.

I know this question may have already been answered and I apologize, but if someone could just place a link where I can go directly to the info, that would be great.

Jimmy

This info points me in the correct direction to go in,I will post my findings after I take this thing apart.thanks for the info

Back