deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread

any progress yet on this jp explorer? i would love to see it finished! I also would like to do this some day too

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I received my headlight guards in the mail a few days ago and have now attached them to my bull guard thus finishing my brush guard! :) I just used some basic L brackets with bolts

pict7524.jpg

pict7527.jpg

However , I am now reaching a point in this project where many of the items needed for a replica simply need to be bought rather then built. Things like fog lamps and guards of all kinds. Since this is a jp truck on a dime it'll be slow progress.

I have also decided I WILL make a bubble roof provided I can find the right piece of plexi glass. I have a friend that works in roofing contracting and he's going to try to find a bubble skylight in the right dimensions for free. If he finds one I'll do it , It may however be a while though. Till then my next goal is to save up for the taillight guards and more fog lamps , I'm also going to save up for the size decals.

Wow:D your going as far to put that bubble roof thing:thumbsup:.......... leets just say that that cars value probaly increased by at least $1,000:cool:

Wow:D your going as far to put that bubble roof thing:thumbsup:.......... leets just say that that cars value probaly increased by at least $1,000:cool:

Unless its traded in to a stealership....

Deamon3 this JP Explorer looks awesome!! And each thing that you do to it makes it look that much better

You could spend around $50-$100 and get a sheet of plexiglass (high impact style) and try your hand at bending it yourself. If I were doing this I would probably build a disposable wooden frame to mold the plexiglass over. Bending is not too complicated when using a heat gun (or a powerful hair dryer) and from pictures it looks like it would need just two bends (on the sides).

I imagine this would be a much cheaper option than having it built and may be easier than finding the right skylight and modifying it for the purpose. I just built a window for mine (where a t-rex took a bite out of the passenger-side rear quarter panel) for about $35 including a sheet of plexiglass, a cutting tool, and a tube of silicone. With enough even heat, the stuff bends quite easily.

Yea, I think a wooden frame would work well.

You could use 4" MDF and shave the wood till it had teh contour you likd, then maybe see if a sign company in town could vacuum form to the wood?? Just thinking out loud.

I actually already have the decal images on my pc but ty anyway.

As for making my own roof I have also researched vacuum forming already and I do not have to tools necessary to bend my own roof. You need a large oven or heating element to heat the plexi glass evenly not to mention a custom made form to mold it into that has to be perfectly smooth. If I attempted to use a heat gun on a hand carved wood form it would either just burn or melt from the heat gun or come out lumpy from the non perfect form. Which is why I decided to go with something premade from a factory that'll only need to be cut to size

Keep up the good work man. I am enjoying watching the build! :popcorn:

Great to see another JP Explorer conversion :)

Bit of a thread hijack here, but if anyone knows anyone with a 1st Gen Go Rhino front brush guard, then I would love to know. I have cash here burning a hole in my pocket for someone that wants to part with one.

They look like this:

Front%20Guard%20Ref%2001.jpg

grdiag2.gif.jpg

Also looking for the rear set. I found a set, but they were a bit dinged up, and sadly they had no brand or model or anything on them, so I still have no idea what they are:

Tail%20Guard%20Ref%2001.jpg

If you know anyone who has either of them, PM me - would LOVE to know. I'm planning a conversion in the very near future :)

They do not make or sell the brush guard anymore you have to find one on an explorer.

They do not make or sell the brush guard anymore you have to find one on an explorer.

Yeah, they stopped making them around 2000.

I've been searching for about 18 months and looking at every Explorer that comes up online, trying to find one with the Go Rhino guard so I can try and buy it from the owner, but no luck so far.

If anyone on here has one on their Explorer and wants to sell it for the right price, then send me a PM :)

I think I saw an X in my local JY with one of those brush guards.

I'll see if its still on the X. The X has been sitting in the junkyard for a while now. Not sure if I can even get it off with the way its sitting. :dunno:

ALl have to say is please i will pay any one to do my car like this i am the biggest fan of jurassic park i want a car like that so bad but problem is i am a computer guy not a car guy :( can someone help me... my email is pc.arena@yahoo.com if any one has any ideas on where i can get this done or even get car like this i am so wanting one so bad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ALl have to say is please i will pay any one to do my car like this i am the biggest fan of jurassic park i want a car like that so bad but problem is i am a computer guy not a car guy :( can someone help me... my email is pc.arena@yahoo.com if any one has any ideas on where i can get this done or even get car like this i am so wanting one so bad

I think your just a couple days late.

Click me, This could have been yours

Back