Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
The theme for December's EF Lottery is "Not as Planned"

For the month of December, submit media (pics/vids/or links to pics or vids) where something did not go as you had planned it would. This includes, but not limited to, trailing (such as trail or road break down, getting mired, etc) or when doing maintenance.
Remember, the lottery is done by random system, all media submitted has the same chance to win. So don't be shy about sharing when something didn't go right!

This month is closely related to the "Whoops" thread and the "Stupid is as Stupid Does" started by [MENTION=134770]BigRondo[/MENTION].

Whoops, https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Stupid is as Stupid Does ( also in Whoops) https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331111&highlight=stupid

Drawing and Ending date will be Saturday December 19th.

The time for this month's lottery is shorter than normal.

Goal: To encourage members of the Explorer Forum to submit a photo and/or vid in accordance with the theme and award one member with an one year elite membership.

Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiable pics and or video(s).
Members are encouraged to post positive feedback about other submissions. Please keep in mind that this not a chat thread.

Special instructions, if any, will be posted at the beginning of each month's theme.

The lottery is also to have fun, so being sarcastic and somewhat of a smart alec in your submission is not only welcomed, but also encouraged. Keep in mind we are a family site.

Procedure:

Announce the theme for the present month, ending date, and drawing date.

Eligibly: All members (except sponsor) are eligible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What was going to be a full day of fooling around turned short on us in 2010, my car, a Subaru Leone 1986 which we had modified to being rear wheel drive only, doing burnouts was easy, both because the subaru has a low range transfer case and the fact that the emergency brakes works on the front wheels!

Ok, so we start off, but to our surprise the tires didn´t last very long...

Maybe it didnt mean we didnt continue fooling around the rest of the day until the rim was finished also!

after some surprise, and laughter, I continued to burn out with just the rim and a blown tire..!

Had the bright idea to take apart a couple of those cheap LED flashlights add a resistor and use them to convert the interior to all LED lighting.

SnowballJuly171017.jpg

Well turns out the online resistor calculator was a little off. The day after I Installed them I opened the hatch and noticed after a minute or so there was a faint smell of smoke inside. I looked up and quickly yanked down the light and disconnected it.

:bsnicker: I asked for a 5 INCH body lift, not 5 FEET!

15092009369_zpsf72ff779.jpg

[MENTION=235568]sae[/MENTION]var Orn, it looked like it was a lot of fun ! I was waiting for the car to go off into the field. :eek:

[MENTION=144005]willindsay[/MENTION], never even thought of trying that, but now I know not too! :biggthump

[MENTION=242785]FR-425[/MENTION] a rig with safety rails and a ladder. :eek:

As [MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION] stated, there has to be more good entries out there. Can't win a free one year elite membership unless you post!

All i have is the results of a good race and too much boost..video is funny though. .lol

Forget how to make it viewable

my one big oops that required parts replacement,,
limit strap mount broke, drooped out too far, axle came apart in a big way,,
at least i got towed home in style,, by a lifted 150 on 37's,,,

Attachments

• broken cv axle.jpg
    broken cv axle.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 455
  • towed home.jpg
    towed home.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 429

Too much throttle and a jump ...

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCF0856.JPG
    DSCF0856.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF0855.JPG
    DSCF0855.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 439
  • DSCF0854.JPG
    DSCF0854.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCF0858.JPG
    DSCF0858.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 424

a major "oops" moment you got there after that jump, Stelea. look at those parts :eek:

Bump for the last few days. Drawing is Saturday. Glad to see I am not the only one where things don't go as planned.:)

my one big oops that required parts replacement,,
limit strap mount broke, drooped out too far, axle came apart in a big way,,
at least i got towed home in style,, by a lifted 150 on 37's,,,

Congrats Pete!! Your submission won the EF lottery for this month!!! :bounce::bounce:

Congratulations Pete:chug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back