Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

DiabloSport Tunes for the Sport

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorer Sport Tuning' started by ieee_raider, May 20, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. ieee_raider

ieee_raider Active Member

City, State:
      Paris, TX
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2013 Ford Explorer Sport
      Is anyone running the DiabloSport "generic" tuner in their Sport?
      http://www.diablosport.com/intune-i2/intune-i2-performance-programmer-ford-vehicles/

Any thoughts?

How fast are tune loads?
      Are the tunes separate for performance vs mileage? Or is it a single tune to improve both?

Main thing is I read reviews about early on it having some tune issues, but not many updates since then. At the time I don't think it supported Explorers.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Forddealz

Forddealz Active Member

City, State:
      NY
      Explorer 2016 Sport
      EXTREME ECOBOOST POWER
      Tuning for 2011-2016 3.5L EcoBoost Cars & Trucks

[​IMG]
      Tune up your Eco-Boost equipped car or truck with the i2 programmer and get thrown back in your seat! When we set out to tune the EcoBoost motor, we had one goal in mind: POWER. The i2’s performance tunes ensure a more responsive throttle, better shift feel, and more horsepower than your ride came with from the factory. To top it all off, we added a “Mileage Booster” tune that adds 2-4 MPG over stock along with awesome power gains. Whether you have a 3.5L EcoBoost Explorer Sport, F150, Flex Limited or 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang- the i2 programmer is going to make your ride feel brand new all over again!

inTune i2 Programmer EcoBoost Vehicle Tuning Features:

• Add 40-90 HP, 40-100 TQ*
      • Add 2-4 MPG*
      • Increase throttle response
      • Boosted towing performance
      • Check and clear DTCs
      This is what shows under explorer with ecoboost. I don't know how you can save 2-4mpg and increase much HP at the same time.

4. Eric F

Eric F Elite Explorer

City, State:
      So Cal
      2017 Explorer XLT
      Just because the extra HP is there, doesn't mean you have to make use of it. The extra MPG comes from making the engine more efficient - same place the extra HP comes from. How much you tap into the extra HP will directly effect how much (if any) extra MPG you get.

5. ieee_raider

ieee_raider Active Member

City, State:
      Paris, TX
      2013 Ford Explorer Sport
      Yeah, I found that too. I was hoping to find someone who runs it or has used it before.

6. _mp

_mp New Member

City, State:
      San Francisco, CA
      2017 | Explorer | Sport
      Are there any tunes available for just the limited?

7. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
    8. isiddall

isiddall New Member

2013 Explorer Sport
      HI,

I just picked up a 2013 explorer sport, I've got a diablosport i3 platinum which i use to load custom tunes on my GM trucks, I'm thinking that buying a ford license for it might be a cheap and effective way to get some extra pep from this already zippy suv, has anyone used a canned diablo tune on an explorer sport, and if so could you let me know what you think of it vs other options if you have tried other options or vs stock if it's the only tune you've tried? I see there's a couple very strongly preferred tuners on this forum, and I've read lots about them, I'm hoping to keep this thread specific to the canned tunes from diablosport on specifically the explorer sport.

Thanks,

Ian.

9. isiddall

isiddall New Member

2013 Explorer Sport
      wonderful, merged with a post that's been dead for a year and went nowhere when anyone did look at it. a post i did find using the search, read, then discard as there's nothing at all useful in it. I think i see now why reading anything on here the posts are full of broken links, and read so disjointedly from being merged so many times. Nice that there's active admins, but if you're going to move stuff somehwere at least move it somewhere with some information or actvity.... sheesh.

10. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Welcome to the Forum Ian.:wave:
      This thread will now move to or near the top of the page so anyone with interest will see it. If there hasn't been much activity that usually indicates that there is little or no interest in the thread. I don't understand "posts are full of broken links". If a link doesn't work it means there is nothing to show. Nothing is deleted when a 'merge' is done.
      When you post in an old thread it automatically moves back to the top. That is why we encourage using the 'Search' feature so that like topics can be in one thread.

Peter