1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Differences between XLT and Eddie Bauer?

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by bobbyg123, December 2, 2005.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. bobbyg123

bobbyg123 New Member

City, State:
      Duvall, WA
      Year and Model:
      04 EB
      Don't take this the wrong way Eddie Bauer owners, but I'm not a fan of the Pueblo Gold fender trim on that model. Perhaps that's because I like the Redfire color and they don't seem to match very well?

Can you "load up" an XLT to the point where it's "just about" the same as the Eddie Bauer? Aside from the two-tone leather seats, what other major differences are there? It doesn't look like the NAV is available on the XLT, but honestly that might allow me to have a pioneer NAV and DVD put in aftermarket?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 410Fortune

410Fortune ELITE BRONCO2ERER Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Crawlorado
      Year and Model:
      B2 Mod
      The ultimate is the Limited, no two tone and fully loaded.
      Yes you can get all those accessories on a XLT ordered from the factory, also get 4.10 gears while you can IMO :)

There is a long long thread about the Eddie Bauer and Limited trim packages.
      You can search for that sucker..

4. dannyb420

dannyb420 Active Member

City, State:
      Cleveland, Ohio
      Year and Model:
      '04 XLT
      new or used?

Do you ant to buy new or used? either way the Limited rocks, but you can can the XLT loaded if you want. I think the limited will add the chrome package. I do not think you can get that on an xlt? thats about it chrome and nav?

5. kfkodiak

kfkodiak B

There are some newer EB's out there with monochrome paint. They're not common, but they are out there.

6. jrford

jrford Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Birmingham, MI
      Year and Model:
      '10 Sport Trac
      I thought one difference is the Dual Climate controls. Was my wife only request, must agree its a life (um Marriage) saver.