Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Difficulty removing Fuel Injectors (Images)

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by keepthecoffeeon, February 11, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. keepthecoffeeon

keepthecoffeeon New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, AZ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 Ford Explorer Sport
      What's up guys, it's been a while since I've posted.

I recently had to replace my alternator and since I was under the hood and I had a vacuum leak in my upper intake manifold I decided to change it out for a new one. Needless to say one thing lead to another and since I had the upper intake manifold off I figured why not work my way down to the lower intake and change those gaskets as well as check the fuel injectors, etc.

I got 4 of the six fuel injectors off, two came off when I pulled the fuel rail the others I had to wiggle out but it wasn't difficult. The remaining 2 are stuck and I for the life of me cannot get them out, I've wiggled, I've pulled, my biggest fear is breaking one of them off. I posted pictures so you can see what I'm working with. I'm hoping for suggestions. :dunno:

The engine and around the fuel injectors was very dirty and a few of the areas around the injectors had about an inch of dirt caked around them. I blame getting my engine muddy over the years and my neglect of not keeping it as clean as I should. o_O

I also managed to break one of the clips on two fuel injector connectors... :banghead:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.