Ditch those 7 pin connectors - EZConnector Something much better! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ditch those 7 pin connectors - EZConnector Something much better!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

May have to look into one of those when I build my Adventure Trailer. Those 7 pins need to go by the way of the dinosaurs.

:thumbsup:

What issues are you all having with the 7 pin?

Main issues are that the connector housings crack from UV exposure, and the prongs get bent.

@Rick

Did you ever install this? I haz questions!

If so, did it live up to the expectations? Been 6 years, hows it holding up?

How strong are the magnets, and would this be Adventure trailer worthy?

5 trailers to convert over, these look awesome thanks Rick! Looking forward to some reviews before I dive right in

Yes I did install them and they are still working great! Even after sitting in the AZ sun for all this time the connectors are still solid with no signs of UV damage.

The magnet is VERY strong and requires a real good tug to remove.

About the only thing I have had to do is clean the contacts with a spray of electronic contact cleaner and a 3m scuff pad. Since the contacts are all facing you they are easier to clean than the tabs on the old style connectors.

I recommend getting the adapter plug so that you can plug in "legacy" connectors should you have the need to tow someone else's trailer, of if you have to rent one.

Back