DIY How to install a Remote Start Alarm Keyless entry System on a Explorer 1992 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DIY How to install a Remote Start Alarm Keyless entry System on a Explorer 1992

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well got my new modules in today and they same thing happen they just burnt right up so now im out $70 in window modules!!! i cant figure these things out for the life of me!!it has something to do with our switches.the stay in shorted circuit till something dont know how they work yet.i think the window lock switch has something to do with it.with it unlock i think it sends a 12v to the switch opening it from short to an open circuit.i have to figure these switches out before i try anything again!!!if anyone else knows how to hook remote windows up too our truck,please share!!! ive also have another problem the disarm feature on my remote has stopped working.the button still works because thats the button i use to remote start and you can see the light blink but when you hit it alone it will not disarm the truck or unlock,other remote works fine

Nothing here yet...Ill try the windows. Any tips lol... Maybe what not to do..As far as the remote take it apart and bend the battery holder, mine did this same dam thing.

Nothing here yet...Ill try the windows. Any tips lol... Maybe what not to do..As far as the remote take it apart and bend the battery holder, mine did this same dam thing.

yea it not a battery thing, the button works fine but for some reason will not disarm only remote start.the remote windows WILL NOT WORK on our trucks the switches are all ways grounded till you press them to roll up or down then it makes one side of the wires a +! the only way to make them work is to pull wires to every door.i now have them hooked up and they work fine,so if anyone wants to know how to hook them up IM me and ill explain how to,but like i said you have to pull wires to each door!!

go here and get this guy to send you his wiring diagrams, i cant figure out how to send them,it will show you witch wire you have to cut to make the window go up or down.you have to cut that wire after the switch right before the motor and hook the wire that you pulled from the module to it,make sure the wire that is + and says to motor is hook to the wire going to the motor and the other wire from the module to the wire that comes from the switch
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239867
i have two module one for up& one for down so you would only need two wire going to the door (driver side door)
2zolut0.jpg

mess load of wires haha
2qi6x6d.jpg

all wires and two modules fit in this hole
15hhh15.jpg

ha ! those wire connectors .....we used them when i used to do home security systems we called them "bean-ees "

...i used to have hundred's of them ,in the washing machine ...dryer .i just used up my remaining stash of them not to long ago .can't remember can you go buy them at home depot or not ?

...you ever get your water issue fixed ?

ha ! those wire connectors .....we used them when i used to do home security systems we called them "bean-ees "

...i used to have hundred's of them ,in the washing machine ...dryer .i just used up my remaining stash of them not to long ago .can't remember can you go buy them at home depot or not ?

...you ever get your water issue fixed ?

yea that's what I use them for too,I've got million of those things I like them because I solder the wires then crimp them with those.yea my lower intake keeps coming lose just had to check it two or three times,seems to be staying tight now.
Posted via Mobile Device

cool-beans :cool:

Hey everyone, so my kit has been all fine and dandy since I have installed it. Just today, I was driving and the wires fell down and I had to pull over and stuff them back you until i got home in tie them in. I don't know what happened, but now I lost a feature. When you start the truck and press the brake, the doors would lock. When you turn off the truck, the doors would unlock. That doesn't work anymore. Any ideas what could have happened? The remote locks still work.

Hey everyone, so my kit has been all fine and dandy since I have installed it. Just today, I was driving and the wires fell down and I had to pull over and stuff them back you until i got home in tie them in. I don't know what happened, but now I lost a feature. When you start the truck and press the brake, the doors would lock. When you turn off the truck, the doors would unlock. That doesn't work anymore. Any ideas what could have happened? The remote locks still work.

maybe the brake wire came loose.

I checked the wire that runs from the pedal to the module. It is fine.

Trust him... Its the brake pedal wire. I had that problem, however my wires didnt drop lol... I soldered that wire NO more trouble since.

OK, I will have to give that a shot. I am still having issues with my remote. It died again today in a parking lot. Luckily, when I installed the speaker, I made it a quick disconnect connection if I ever needed to turn off the speaker for any reason so I drove to the store and got a tiny screw driver. Unscrewed the remote and removed the battery. Put that same battery back in and it worked. I will store that screw driver in my explorer now.

OK, I will have to give that a shot. I am still having issues with my remote. It died again today in a parking lot. Luckily, when I installed the speaker, I made it a quick disconnect connection if I ever needed to turn off the speaker for any reason so I drove to the store and got a tiny screw driver. Unscrewed the remote and removed the battery. Put that same battery back in and it worked. I will store that screw driver in my explorer now.

when you remote start your truck then get in it and press the brake does it shut off your engine?
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't tested that. My remote start doesn't work unless I am sitting in the truck. I have a 5-speed and I need to bypass the clutch, but I haven't gotten around to it. I will go try that now.

Okay, I just tried it and my explorer does turn off when I press the brake.

Okay, I just tried it and my explorer does turn off when I press the brake.

not your brake wire.my truck never did lock the doors did you program it to do that
Posted via Mobile Device

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never programmed anything. I just plugged everything in and that was there. Engine turns off, doors unlocked. Brake down, door locked, I just thought that was how it was.

Back