Does anybody have experience with a MAXIDIAG US703 scanner? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anybody have experience with a MAXIDIAG US703 scanner?

I don't know. I'll try the OBDII cable from my Actron on the Autel though and see if it works. If it does then I'd be inclined to think there's a standard on the pinouts. I only have OBD-II cables so I can't check another one.

If you have a cable and you want me to try it you're welcome to mail it to me and I can try it on my 96 F250, which I think has the EEC-IV system.

Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anything over 8500 GVW was exempt, at least that year. My truck is 8800 GVW.

Steve

Is it safe to upate Cent-Tech 98614 with Autel MS509 updates? Anybody tried it?

The us703 scanner is accurate only in metric. The English setting is not converted correctly. I assume that the jp701 has the same problem. I compared the us703 to a mac mecs scanner and the autel scanner did well. The autel scanner will clear engine, trans., abs, and air bag codes on most vehicles. I own the us703 and haven't found anything that compares to it for the money.

Welcome to this forum! Thanks for your input. What year, and model vehicle do you use this scanner with? It doesn't come with cables according to one person that posted in this thread. The company never replied to my email when I inquired about this a while ago.

The us703 comes with a obd2 connector. The other connectors for obd1 are like those from actron and autoxray. I am trying to get them now to see if this scanner works on obd1. I have used this scanner on a 2001 saturn L200, a 96 pk. avenue, a 97 lesabre, and a 2004 dodge caravan.

autel ms409 does not work with 2003 explorer

Hi there:
I just bought a AUTEL ms409 obd11 can code reader.
It does not work with my 2003 explorer. It start communicating with the truck
and then when it gets to the correct protocol it just freezes.

Does anyone have experience with this model?

Do you think the US809 will work?

Thanks...Chrisi

may help a bit

just found the forum by chance. It seems there are some questions for autel products. I am just working for the biggest distributor of autel in China. Hope I could do some help personally just for fun.

by the way, the manufacture does not offer tech support frequently for retails buyers directly. Normally, the qualified distributor is responsible to support for any kinds of tech support to their buyers.

questions may mail to me, i'd like to help if i can.

ninghuasale@gmail.com
:D:D

Welcome to this forum! A local distributor was contacted last year, but they had no information to offer. Which cables are compatible with the US703? They don't come with EEC-IV cables. Do you have any part numbers?

BrooklynBay, did you get the 703 model? I'm currently looking for a better scanner for my '02 explorer which has been flashing Airbag & TracControl lights. Any idea why these scanners seem to only go to 2006 vehicles? I'm not aware of another generation of OBD scanners. May be looking for a newer X soon & would prefer the scanner not be outdated. I have a post on the Trac Control problem, and would like to find the root cause.

I didn't buy it because nobody has information on where to purchase cables. The advertisement doesn't even say that EEC-IV cables are not included. It appears to be a feature packed scanner for the price, but it has a lack of customer service which is an important feature when purchasing a quality tool.

Did you get something else? The only thing I did not see with the 703 was the ability to read back up sensors. When I bought my 02 limited used I had to have the dealer fix the reverse sensor, but if it ever breaks again I'd like to troubleshoot it myself. Lost a bid on an "autotap" scanner that hooks to a PC. After that I see the autotap doesn't seem to scan airbag issues which I currently have.

You could count the flashes of the air bag light to see what the code numbers are. I didn't buy a scanner yet since I still have a cheap EEC-IV code reader. It would be nice to get a scanner capable of reading both EEC-IV & EEC-V codes.

Yea, I did count the flashes. Still can't pinpoint the problem on the airbag as it's intermittant. I believe it's one of the underseat connectors, but not sure which. After exhaustive research, I still think the best bang-for-the buck comes with the 703. You have a good night.

I just returned the Autel 703 after finding it wouldn't scan engine codes on my 02 explorer. It did link up and scan for airbag codes & transmission codes, but would not work at all for checking basic OBD2 P codes on my explorer. It did work well with my son't 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but didn't work at all on a friends 97 Grand Cherokee. Currently looking for something that actually works.

The Actron I have hooks up to my explorer, but is not able to readany ABS or tranny codes. Looking at the Equus 3160. The only thing I see it does not do is read & clear airbag codes, but like you said "count the flashes".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Going to send back the innova 3160 too. I have 4x4 flashing / traction control off message & traction control indication that looks like a car swerving on the road. When attempting to read with the 3160 the scanner says the vehicle does not support ABS scanning. WTF. I want to diagnose & repair this myself, but keep buying scanner that won't hook up right.

Back