Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Door handle removal

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by arred79, February 13, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. arred79

arred79 New Member

City, State:
      Long Island, NY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2013 Explorer Sport
      People that removed their door handles - any tips? I have read through and searched posts and vids on how to do it but I see conflicting methods. After you loosen the torx screw and remove that little trim piece some instructions say to simply slide the handle towards the back of the car and you will feel it pop and then you can remove it, and others say first pull the handle out like you are opening the door and then slide it back towards the rear of the car to remove it. I don't want to do it wrong and risk that spring popping out that has happened to some people and then have to take off the interior door panel. Anyone have the best way to do it?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Chances are that you are going to get those same conflicting replies here as well since it is likely those same members will be responding.;)
      Good luck.

Peter