• Register Today It's free!

Door Pressure Seals Loose

gdgiordano

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer XLT
Ive noticed all 4 doors on my 2010 have some big gaps inside the vehicle in the corners at the top of the b and c posts. The a posts are tight. The rear doors if you slide the seal tight in one corner the other gets a 3/4 inch gap. It seems like it’s too short. Is this normal? Link to the pictures is below.

pressure seals

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the bottom of the weather strip is cut so you need to remove the door sill plate and reinstall the seal starting at the top middle and working around until both hands meet at the bottom and then put the plate back on.... if you just try to play with the seal with the plate attached it will just keep pulling back and forth...... I also use a light contact adhesive to help keep the seal in place.... bonus info the lefts and rights are the same only difference is front and back and they are the same seals as 3rd gens so if your drivers seal gets torn look for a perfect right front door seal off of a 2002-2005 junkyard explorer .... i scored one for under $3

the bottom of the weather strip is cut so you need to remove the door sill plate and reinstall the seal starting at the top middle and working around until both hands meet at the bottom and then put the plate back on.... if you just try to play with the seal with the plate attached it will just keep pulling back and forth...... I also use a light contact adhesive to help keep the seal in place.... bonus info the lefts and rights are the same only difference is front and back and they are the same seals as 3rd gens so if your drivers seal gets torn look for a perfect right front door seal off of a 2002-2005 junkyard explorer .... i scored one for under $3
Awesome man thank you! Any pointers for taking the door sil plate off?! Is it like taking a door panel off in terms of popping clips?

it just pulls straight up and off with the typical metal clips.... like the ones in the A pillar if you want to pull on that ..... nothing like the doors

it just pulls straight up and off with the typical metal clips.... like the ones in the A pillar if you want to pull on that ..... nothing like the doors
So just give it a good yank?

Back