Dr. Jack | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dr. Jack

:usa: Hopefully I am starting this thread in the proper place. I am following the ideas of other members to keep a log so to speak of the 92 Explorer now know as Dr. Jack.
It all started a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, oops,wrong story.
A while back in the spring/summer time frame of 2009. I was asked by an EF member if I ever do any 4wheeling, I told him I had done a bit in Death Valley but not much, this is when he intoduced me to the EF family. We made plans for me to join him as a rider in the CCR09 at Ouray. We did a pre-run in Moab where I meet Bronco2guy, Amy, and Chad551. Then on to Ouray where I meet a lot of fine peeps in the EF family. I had such a blast that I decided to start a project, I have always liked off roading but all the groups I meet seemed to have a "better than thou" idea.
Giving myself two years for the project, I started keeping an eye on the forum and looking around for ideas, then the 92 Explorer of Dr. John "Jack" Lobdell popped up on Craig's list in New Mexico, by following the forum I became aware of the sale, and by contact with other members I came to learn that this was a special vehicle from a special member. Lady Luck smiled on me, as I was able to use my brother's trailer to go pick up the vehicle. Robert rode with me and am I glad he did, his help was great. Got the rig back home and am now beginning to go over it, will keep upates as I go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet! Easy access and easy to reach the tyres for airing up, great spot. Also stay nice and clean so it should last for ages:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

One of the two things that actually went right today, and that is why I am posting pics of something so simple.

The holding pin for the tire carrier, a lot better than a bolt.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Still have to attach a retaining chain to the pin and locking pin, don't want to lose them.

Very professional, you'll be starting your own fabrication shop soon mate! "Mcphab" maybe? :D:thumbsup:

Very professional, you'll be starting your own fabrication shop soon mate! "Mcphab" maybe? :D:thumbsup:

LOL!! Good one Greg!!! :D

And yet out of 6 hours of working, that is the only thing that looked right and it took about 2 seconds!

Bloody nice!!! I phucked up and phorgot you spelt your sir name with an F, bugger! I had to go and check phace book to correct meself!:D

Bloody nice!!! I phucked up a phorgot you spelt your sirname with an F, bugger! I had to go and check phace book to correct meself!:D

Actually the orginal spelling was with a "ph"!! You are the smart one who knows how to spell!!

Hahaha.Re-corrected the correction mate! Bloody hell it doesn't take much to put a smile on me dial Hahaha, jeez.

FINALLY BOTH LOCKERS ARE WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listened to make sure I could hear them engage, took some redneck shadetree in the rain connections, but I ain't here to win a beauty contest.

IMG_0274-1.jpg

Hell yeah!!! Good stuff mate! What locker's have got in there again? They're air lines aren't they?

Hell yeah!!! Good stuff mate! What locker's have got in there again? They're air lines aren't they?

Thanks Greg, they are air lines and the lockers are ARB's, were in the vehicle already when I got it. Kinda looks like something from that spiderman movie. :D

I reckon it look's awesome. She's pretty and does the house work! I went back and re-read abit of Dr Jack after deciding I was bein' lazy just asking!!! Sweet as mate and looking forward to some gnarly fourby pic's over summer! Dr Jack would kick spiderman's arse!:D

X2!!!

Looking good Mike! About time Red earned its keep. :D

Looking good Mike! About time Red got used for something. :D

LOL! Thanks Dan, Red didn't want to give up the safety chain (the one I dropped on your head), had to take the pin out of the hook to get the chain off, and then Red didn't want to give me my winch hook back, had to "tap" it with a hammer!!!

Sound's like Red has been learning bad habit's from Dan's dodge!

Back