Dr. Jack | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dr. Jack

:usa: Hopefully I am starting this thread in the proper place. I am following the ideas of other members to keep a log so to speak of the 92 Explorer now know as Dr. Jack.
It all started a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, oops,wrong story.
A while back in the spring/summer time frame of 2009. I was asked by an EF member if I ever do any 4wheeling, I told him I had done a bit in Death Valley but not much, this is when he intoduced me to the EF family. We made plans for me to join him as a rider in the CCR09 at Ouray. We did a pre-run in Moab where I meet Bronco2guy, Amy, and Chad551. Then on to Ouray where I meet a lot of fine peeps in the EF family. I had such a blast that I decided to start a project, I have always liked off roading but all the groups I meet seemed to have a "better than thou" idea.
Giving myself two years for the project, I started keeping an eye on the forum and looking around for ideas, then the 92 Explorer of Dr. John "Jack" Lobdell popped up on Craig's list in New Mexico, by following the forum I became aware of the sale, and by contact with other members I came to learn that this was a special vehicle from a special member. Lady Luck smiled on me, as I was able to use my brother's trailer to go pick up the vehicle. Robert rode with me and am I glad he did, his help was great. Got the rig back home and am now beginning to go over it, will keep upates as I go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

W00T! D44 for the win!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

W00T! D44 for the win!

Yepper!!!! Wasn't even looking for it and wham, there it is, still got a long way to go, but it's a coming. :D

pics of the Dr Jack wheeling at city late

easymoblie064.jpg

easymoblie065.jpg

easymoblie056.jpg

easymoblie059.jpg

Great photo's, look's like an awesome summer's day.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great photo's, look's like an awesome summer's day.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was Gregg, we got out there early, I don't think it even broke 90 before we were done.

I start to seek shade when it hit's 90 (trying to find the rock I crawled out from under?:D ) Unless I'm out and about that's an automatic beer o'clock alarm:D:thumbsup:

Wheres the water? :scratch:

It's at the lake, not in the lake!!!!! :p:

See, there is water,

013.jpg

But the trails go around the lake, not thru it!!!! :D

For that you would need a very good snorkel... :cool:

And an exhaust extension. I have know doubt that with those to mods you'd make it or have a damn fine day trying!

For that you would need a very good snorkel... :cool:

And an exhaust extension. I have know doubt that with those to mods you'd make it or have a damn fine day trying!

And a lot of RTV sealant, but the pics of the fish with the "WTF?, ah nevermind, those dang EF'ers are at it again" look would be priceless! :D

X2 Sweet!

That's a real spun out pic mate. I cant put me finger on it but very surreal!

That's a real spun out pic mate. I cant put me finger on it but very surreal!

We're in a draw, I just turned wanted to get a pic at night on the trail and not in the yard with the off road lights on. Here's one that easmc took at the end of the run playing on the mound.

LasCruces069.jpg

Damn mate must have been pitch black out ay? I can't see a single star.

Back