draft's 1998 Mountainsport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

draft's 1998 Mountainsport

draft's 1998 Ford Explorer Sport

Exterior
  • 5% rear tint. 20% front tint
  • Completely body painted mirrors, trim, front & rear fascia, and side molding between windows
  • Street Scene Speed Grille
  • SilverStar headlights/PIAA signals & fogs
  • Explorer Express Airdam
  • Smoked tails
  • Clear corners
  • Flowmaster 40 cat-back, 3" tip
  • Diamond Cut Headlights
  • Shined by Meguir

vbgarage.php

Wheels/Tires
  • Zinik Shogun 20x8.5 Chrome
  • Falken Ziex S/T 275/45/20s

Suspension
  • DJM Suspension Custom Lowering shocks
  • Rear 3" drop blocks/front complete 4" torsion flip

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

Interior
  • Pioneer DEH-7500MP
  • Infinity Kappa 572.5cf's
  • Infinity Kappa 12.1D x2
  • Rockford Fosgate 851S
  • Custom box wrapped in tweed
  • Custom glassed dash with HU relocation
  • Static mount 6" m&d LCD
  • XBOX/DVD and wireless controllers
  • Reverse Indiglo Gauges
  • Completely recovered pieces in vinyl
  • Pionner GEX-P910XM XM tuner module (coming soon)
  • Terk XM3 roof mount XM antenna (coming soon)

vbgarage.php

After Marc had a unsightly, slight altercation a while back, he made a few changes that suited his ride to his personality.
    Marc is a hard working student and employee, not letting his two carreers get in the way, he proceeded to do all the work himself except for the paint, after a painstaking time of dealing with shotty parts and slow part suppliers, he finally got his Sport back on the road with a great new face lift.

For his hard work and tiresome ablitity to press on Marc has built himself a fantastic ride, Great job Marc! :D

IMGP0698.JPG

IMGP0707.JPG

IMGP0711.JPG

IMGP0710.JPG

IMGP0708.JPG

IMGP0706.JPG

IMGP0702.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats:chug:

Nice looking Sport!

drool!

Definitely one of the sweetest Explorers, er Mountaineer er both, on the web! I like the new look, Marc. Congrats on the feature.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think my bumpers are gonna get painted fer sure.
I am customizing my own grill, I am planning a 99+ front bumper and a EE air damn for the PIAA's. Diamond cut s and corners, all one color no chrome.

I cannot WAIT

Let me get this straight...you put a mountaineer grill, on an explorer. Does this mean that Explorer flaired fibre fenders will match up to the mountaineer grill or did you have to do some custom mud work to get the fender/grill to match? It looks good. Very interesting, should turn some heads, win some shows! :thumbsup:

Mountaineer is an explorer just like a Navajo is an explorer.

All parts are interchangable

the 2 door explorer's before 01 use the same front end as the 95+ explorer's, which are the same trucks as the 95+ Mountaineers.......

You have ALOT of choices.

Yes explorer front clips and fiberglass pieces will fit your Mounty

That is awsome, I kind of wrote off putting fiberglass fenders on my Mounty because I figured they would be just a little bit off in the fittment (I figured most likely aroung the light bezel). I did notice on the Perry's website that it never mentions being a direct replacement for stock fenders on 95-01, just that it is a "conversion kit" for 01-04. Will the Perrys indeed fit the 95-01? I like the way they look versus some others that are out there.

Perry's. Mcneils, and Fioberwerx are all run by the same family.
They make 2", 4" 6" and I think even 8" bulge fenders for your Explorer.
Their websites are not always up to date.

Congrats Draft ;)

I can voutch, I have seen this truck in person. It's very nicely done :thumbsup:

One of the sexiest explorers i have seen. I mean mounty. Wait, explorer. Ohh. LOL!

Definitely a VERY deserving truck for feature truck. :) Congrats!

Very nice indeed! Well deserving :thumbsup:

-Drew

I have a question on this truck, is the owner around?
I need to know if the headlights/corner lights he is running require a new header panel or if they bolt into the older style Explorer style light housing?

I want those damn headlights on my project 96, I just picked up a 97 Merc front clip for it off cragslist :) hehehe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

410Fortune said:
I have a question on this truck, is the owner around?
I need to know if the headlights/corner lights he is running require a new header panel or if they bolt into the older style Explorer style light housing?

I want those damn headlights on my project 96, I just picked up a 97 Merc front clip for it off cragslist :) hehehe
I am going to replace my mounty header panel also, so I e-mailed a supplier on e-bay the question
From just looking though, there does seem to be a diff.
I'll be sure let you know

Back