Dreaming of one mean 4.0: The Build up - Creager's 1992 Sport | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dreaming of one mean 4.0: The Build up - Creager's 1992 Sport

I've not heard any thing about the JET chips, but go to bamachips.com and look into the SCT tuner. It may be a bit more, but much more customizable. Esp. if you can find a tuner in your area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back from the dead.. I really wish you'd get this thing on the dyno man.. I'll be picking up on my rebuild in a few months. Currently deployed it Iraq, but its almost over, and I've been thinking about my thread.. and the RCD kit =D

Hows your beast holding up? Did you ever get the mileage issue fixed?

Looks like you havent been on in awhile, hope all is well!

Currently deployed it Iraq, but its almost over, and I've been thinking about my thread.. and the RCD kit =D

Thank you for your service!:salute::salute:

are you running stock injectors,what size are stock im building a 92 4.0 now also and people keep telling me that the grey tops are 14lbs but then accel said that they were 21lbs stock

Stock for a 1st gen should be 19#'s.

it looked like it was running very lean when i took it apart and now ive bored 20 over and did a stage 1 cam u think 21lbs would be to rich

If you change the injectors, you need to have the MAF matched to it and a custom tune would be recomended.

do you kno anyone in va beach that does that

nobody here that I am aware of. Why do you want bigger injectors? All the reading I have done say's that the stock injectors are good to 300HP.

its just seemed to be running really lean plus with all the mods figured i would need to

What do you have done to your motor? what bolt ons to you have? When was the last time you cleaned your MAF? Maybe need to check your fuel preasure. Should be around 38 to 40psi if I remember correctly.

its not back in the truck yet i think it was a bad o2

What do you have done to your motor? what bolt ons to you have? When was the last time you cleaned your MAF? Maybe need to check your fuel preasure. Should be around 38 to 40psi if I remember correctly.

Well I guess I should have read your sig:confused: You should get a custom chip to fully utilize all those goodies. Where do you live at? I live over by the courthouse.

i stay right down the street in kempsville,yea i would like to but everything is adding up right now so im just going to throw it back in there as is for now and see how it runs.you know of any good 4x4 spots around here anymore besides birdneck

Ok i got a question for you real motor heads i just had my block,crank and rods machined and when i went to put them back together i noticed the book said that the rod bolts and nuts where stretch bolts and nuts.do you always have to replace them and if i do wouldn't the rods have to be machined again?

I hope you've already figured this out since it was 3 weeks ago. If not...

You're talking about your connecting rod studs and nuts, right? I didn't replace mine when I put my motor back together. I've got about 20,000 miles on it now and no problems. I think the only bolts I replaced were head bolts. I think almost all motors made in the last 20 years use stretch-to-yield head bolts.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Creager? I haven't been around in a while. Please forgive my ignorance.

I'm currently considering a 4.0L build that may be able to replace this one. Or at least add a little to it. You can search my user name to see how I built the current 4.0 OHV that I'm running.

I used a 2000 OHV motor, put a comp cams 410 cam, 70mm Pro M MFA, BBK
65mm TB and BK ceramic headers and its still a turd.:mad: I think if I was going to do it again, I would have used a pre 95 block or pistons with 95+ heads with the smaller combustion chamber for more compression. Of coarse now I have a chipped 7.3 powerstroke for some skinny pedal shenanigans:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i went ahead and use the same bolts and nuts on the rods my machinist swore they would be fine.the motor is all ready in and just need oil,plugs and a belt. i used the 92 block and heads, just had them shaved down ,he said it should be around the upper 10 compression range and that i had to use 93 gas and should get the computer flashed.for the $3500 Ive spent on this motor and every performance bolt on made for it,this thing better not be a "turd" im putting new gears and lockers in it for Christmas, i wanted to wait to see how much of a difference just the motor mods made first. o yea anyone know what size belt i would use with just an udp and alt pulley,i think its the 84.5 but not sure? thanks for all the help people couldn't have done or found half the tricks with out you all!!!!!!!
2ed5i74.jpg

Back