• Register Today It's free!

Drivers Side Seat

kjenkins

Reaction score
City, State
Goose Creek, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer. 2 weeks ago I went to a car wash and they moved my seat all the way up. Yep. That's right. They broke it and had to manually move it back. I went to check to see about getting a replacement motor (it's only the inside seat motor broken) and the part is no longer made. I looked and only found a used one with a 30 warranty.

Does anyone know where I can get just the motor needed, the entire track assembly or can the electric seat be replaced with a manual seat instead.

What are some recommendation?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your seat problem, you should be able to just swap in a manual seat track.

I would hope it would be as simplistic as that, but not sure the bolts in the floor would match up. Any knowledge on that Mike?

I would hope it would be as simplistic as that, but not sure the bolts in the floor would match up. Any knowledge on that Mike?

No knowledge on that particular subject, but in my 24 years in the auto business I have found the automotive companies did not spend any more money then they absolutely had to. That being said I do not think Ford would have a different floor for an Explorer with or with out power seats. Go to a JY & find an Explorer w/o power seats of the same generation as your Explorer & measure the bolt spacing & compare it to yours, I am almost sure they are the same. Let us know your results if you do try this. I belong to a Ranger forum & there are a few guys that have removed manual seats & installed power seats from an Explorer & they bolt right in.

Hi all. Any update to this thread that was posted years ago. I have a 2002 Explorer XLT and the front drivers power seat doesn't motor forward and backwards (up and down work just fine). The OEM parts are discontinued. I was also wondering if I could swap the electric base for a manual one. Does anyone have information on whether that is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Why not check the junkyard or Craigslist for another power seat that works & swap that working bottom for yours.

You can also definitely swap a manual base for the electric base. Four bolts. Super easy.

Good luck.

Back