1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dtc p2135,p2111,p2106,p2104,p2105

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by jarhead_615, April 25, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jarhead_615

jarhead_615 New Member

City, State:
      Smyrna, TN
      Year and Model:
      2004 Mercury Mountaineer
      P2135 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" / "B" Voltage Correlation
      P2111 Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Open
      P2106 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power
      P2104 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Idle
      P2105 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown

Does this mean the TAC on the trottle body is bad? Been having a hard time finding the whole trottle body assembly (guess the TAC is not a serviceable item, so you have to buy the whole thing). 04 Mountaineer 4.0L AWD. Truck won't start unless you prop open the butterfly with your hand and then the gas pedal won't do anything when you push it. :salute:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. ecclesj

ecclesj New Member

City, State:
      Wisconsin
      Year and Model:
      2004 Limited
      Same problem

I have the same exact situation with my '04 Explorer Limited. Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

4. 69dwb

69dwb New Member

City, State:
      Bellevue, NE
      Year and Model:
      1992 & 2004
      '04 Ford Explorer P2106

Frustrated with this vehicle. Spent $380.00 to have a dealer check out this problem, and change out the TPS. After I left the dealership the lights came back on (wrench and Service Engine). I looked under the hood when I got home to see if they left anything unplugged, found the TPS missing a screw. Took it back and waited for the vehicle, they could not find a problem after they cleared the light, I had to test drive it to show them what it does. Technician took the vehicle back in the shop and was able to duplicate the problem. Waitted all day to find out they had to call Ford and their fix is to replace the Throttle Body for $590.00 + tax. I found a used Throttle body, switched them out and still have the same problem. Looking at the original Throttle body the TPS screw that was missing is now crooked, they tried to re drill a hole and inserted a self tapping screw. HELP, as I am unemployed at the moment and can't afford to take it to another dealer.:mad:

5. ecclesj

ecclesj New Member

City, State:
      Wisconsin
      Year and Model:
      2004 Limited
      I did resolve the problem with my vehicle. It did require a new Throttle Position Sensor. It was a $111 part from my dealer. I installed it myself. And I do remember having problems with the screws that mount it. I did not have to replace the entire Throttle Body.

The problem was solved immediately on my vehicle.

6. 69dwb

69dwb New Member

City, State:
      Bellevue, NE
      Year and Model:
      1992 & 2004
      I had the dealer replace that part and I still have the problem.:mad:

7. 69dwb

69dwb New Member

City, State:
      Bellevue, NE
      Year and Model:
      1992 & 2004
      Repair

Found the problem; took vehicle to a mechanic who is more concerned with his customers than his pocket book. After some checking he found that the harmonic balancer had come apart and was wearing the crank sensor and causing all of the problems. There is a tech bulletin for a new improved design and bolt.

8. D Hook

D Hook Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Omaha, NE
      Year and Model:
      06 Explorer Limited V-8
      Good to hear you got it solved. Thanks for the follow up. Will help others down the road.

BTW, which mechanic? Been looking for a good one in the Omaha area.