Dual exhaust system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual exhaust system

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
Has anyone tried to put dual exhaust system on an 4 gen EX? If so what kind of system did yall put on? or How much did it cost?

There isn't a bolt on 'true-dual' exhaust system for the 4th gen Explorer for either engine...at least not one that I could find.
It can be done, but not that easily because of the way the chassis/drivetrain is laid out, and your pipe bender will need a lot of time and patience.
A 2.25" system would be easier to fabricate, as far as room...a 2.5" system can be done, but fitting the pipes going over the axle is tight and would need to either be 2.25" in that spot (like mine) or pay 'special' attention to the 2.5" pipes to make them fit.
Unless you have a friend with access to a pipe bending machine, be prepared to spend some cash.

I have been looking at the same thing. Can't we just run both exhausts down the left side? Bank 1 exhaust is routed over to the driver side already. Why not just use the existing space for the exhaust system and keep it all on the driver side. Would it create any problems that the passenger side exhaust would be a bit longer?

Back