DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

DUDER 1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nomad
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hello, I just wanted to share our new ex with you all. This is not a build thread because the swap was done before we bought the explorer. This thread is mainly to show the work that is going to be done to it. The previous owner did a good job with the work but she needs some TLC. Below are some pics of the state she is in now and I will post all the work to be done with her. By the way the previous owner was a forum member but his name has slipped my mind. Thanks for looking. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

98338943-4F1C-4147-B284-2C684E1E7EEA_zpsuvasajvs.jpg

19B10DB5-01DD-4A3A-BF87-7F90351D8EE9_zpsog6txhvr.jpg

Did you negotiate a deal that included some Rangers?

The specs right now are

1994 Ford Explorer XLT
Built a4ld with external cooler and fan
Narrowed HP Dana 44 up front, 8.8 in the rear
4.88's with true trac front and rear
35" Goodyear Kevlar mtr's
Cb radio and some other things
Black lights inside lol. I was going to take them out but the kids love them.

Last edited:

The first plans include gutting the interior and cleaning it, replacing the rear leaf springs because they are broke lol. The front bush gaurd and fender flares are coming off so if anyone wants them there yours. The truck has some rust issues that need to be addressed due to the truck coming from New Jersey. I am going to use a wet sand blasting methord that I have never used so I hope it works. That's the first things I will address right away. I will try to post as many pics as possible and ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks for looking.

Does anyone know what diff covers are on this ex. They look to have a question mark or an R with a skull under it.

Never mind I found them. Riddler diff covers.

Nice. I like the wheel flares. I have something similar on mine.

I love my Truetracs.

Tune up in progres. I pulled the throttle body and the air box to mod it to breathe a little better. I also cleaned the the lip off of the front of the throttle body and polished it.

1BEAB38B-31E8-42D9-A68E-80CA78185BD3_zpsf38d2sgb.jpg

What MAF Housing is that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The maf housing is from a 94-95 mustang 5.0. It seems to help a bit and its bolt on.

Back