1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

ECC codes

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by akirakitten, May 31, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. akirakitten

akirakitten New Member

April 19, 2012
      City, State:
      myrtle Beach, SC
      Year and Model:
      1994 2 door Explorer 4x4
      Hello, ive been a memeber for a while, but only been on twice casue i got locked out, then forgot to try again, lol....omg way to much stuff going on....ANYWHO...

1994 Explorer 4x4 sport v6(duh, lol)
      went and towed a VERY small load today, first time ever towing:eek: and well, ran into s few problems...got most of them figured out...(omg blonde moments) like lets see, thought my tranny was slipping, reving continuously, turns out, my dumb ass hit the button to turn on my AC(whole nuther issue, lol) which doesnt work, but the compressor DOES work, so it was kicking on and off, which i felt and thought was my tranny....second...burniong wood smell(thought OMG also tranny) nope had trailer loaded wrong, was burning trailer tires ....not mine either....:eek:, so down to the MAIN problem

it stalled like it ran out of gas about 7 times in a 30 min trip.....if not more, sputtering, gas pedal not doing much, slow down, stall, just like it was out of gas...so i figure (with all other issues figured out, lol) it is either fuel pump...OR just fuel filter.....any ideas? think im right?

Yes it does need to be changed(filter) i even have it, it needs a tune up, oil and all, i have all parts, but it hasnt gotten done yet since i have never worked on one before, im nervous about doing it myself with no one around, for the first time, incase i need help, ran to store, etc....and no one has been around...sucks being alone...

OK, so i checked my codes....this is what i got...(yeah finally to my main question...sorry)

current code 111...all systems normal....right?
      stored code 186....?????
      i have the chiltons, nothing in it over 99, so i checked 86....it is "3-4 shift solenoid circuit failure.....that would make sense....so is it a code 186(if so what is it) or is the 1 normal for something, and the 86 a seperate code as found above?

111---should be all system normal...right???

THANKIES sorry for such long post
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.