• Register Today It's free!

Eddie Bauer is blowing hot air!!

dmr1203

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 eddie bauer
Ok, so I went and had my orafice tube replaced and the evac and recharge done. They filled it with freon, and told me that the compressor was working fine. It blew cold for 10 days, and now.....only hot air.

I cannot even hear the compresor cycling anymore. It does not appear to be spinning. I checked the relays and fuses.....all is well. It will not take any freon. What happened?

thanks to all the pros/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well if you had all that work done at a shop - take it back. So the compressor isn't coming on at all? Take the belt off and see if you can spin it. Maybe your compressor is locked up or hopefully a belt tensioner needs to be replaced.

-Drew

can you say leak.
take it back and they can inject some R134 with a dye or use a leak detector and probably find a bad O ring.

ok, I will take it back to them. They were a bit scammy , so I am not looking to pay alot.

You can tell if the compressor is locked up, by turning it by hand.The front center is the compressor, directly connected to the internal parts.

There are only two quick connects on these later Explorer's AC hoses. My 95 Crown Vic has five or six. Each of those connectors has an o-ring inside, which can wear out. The cause is 99% of the time from vibration of the two sides of the joint. The fix is to change the o-ring, and install a non factory lock over the joint. The non factory locks are a clamp which locks the two sides firmly together, immobile. The o-ring will likely last forever, after that.

My 99 Explorer SOHC takes two sizes of Mr. Nut locks, a P4 and a P2SA size. Hopefully they are still available. Mine were about $10-12 each. Good luck,

Back