• Register Today It's free!

EE X-spec suspension kit

SLEEPER

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Ill.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Limited
Well I'm installing my kit, and I'm still relatively new at working on my X. I got the rear suspension done fine no problems, but now that I got to the front I hit the wall. I just lowered the front with the torsion bars, and I have to put the camber adjusters on now. I know they go on the top control arm, and I know what that is, but the bolts look much too big to fit in the holes on the adjusters. I'm still nervous to do anything wrong, this is my first time working on my suspension, and I would appreciate any advice there is out there, on this aspect or any other pointers on this install. thanks alot!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I lowered my truck, with the EE goods also, I didn't want to tackle the adjusters. I had the alignment shop install them during the alignment.

Just another idea for you.

Good luck ...........

I would suggest that also. I did mine 30 months ago, and the difficulty is getting a wrench on the nuts. There is very little room for a couple of them.

I have a bare 99 chassis that I am about to install the camber plates on. It is a breeze with nothing in the way.

All alignment shops have special tools to get at those bolts easily. Find one which will install them for a fair price. For them, it's probably less than 20 minutes more work. Good luck,
Don

Yeah, alignment shops have special tools to install camber adjusters. They are called wrenches.

Took me a half an hour to install them. Struggle with it and save yourself $100.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said

Hartman said:
Took me a half an hour to install them. Struggle with it and save yourself $100.

$100 ? When I had the alignment shop do mine, it cost me $95 for the camber adjuster install AND the computer alignment.

aldive said:
$100 ? When I had the alignment shop do mine, it cost me $95 for the camber adjuster install AND the computer alignment.
Thats cheap, is alot more in my local, flat rate labor, minimum 1 HR @ 80 bux per, would have been $235.00

My alignment was in the $50 range. I don't know what other places would charge for the labor to do the camber plates, but I'd let my place do it, if I had it to do again.

Some vehicles have the brake lines very close to those nuts, some may not.

aldive said:

You got a damn good deal.

Well thanks guy's, sorry it took so long to check the thread but you all helped me out. After dropping all that dough on the kit, I think I'll give it a shot, I got a little help from a friend, and I think I know what to do. Wish me luck, and thanks again!

Well I finished the kit over the weekend, and the instal was suprisingly uncomplicated. I did get stuck on the camber adjusters, but once I got that figured out it was smooth sailing. Now when I say uncomplicated, I don't mean it was easy, it probably took me about ten hours to install the whole kit. That included running to Sears to by more metric tools, and all the time fighting the rust and the heat etc... So I'd say that if anyone is considering this kit go for it! The X handles great, and I love the look!

Job well done, congrats:)

Thanks alot, it was the biggest mod I've done yet.

pep(poop)-boys wanted $150 to put a camber kit on, but only had 1 in stock :confused:
so i went to autozone to buy the kit myself...they had NO IDEA what i was talking about.
so i then went to oreilly and bought the complete kit with shiny new bolts for about $50. it also gave me an excuse to buy a big T-handled ratchet.
the only way i could put the camber kit on at first was to remove the whole inner fenderwell. on the other side i just took off the splash guard parts.
you did get an alignment afterwards right?? :D

Yeah the EE Kit was alittle prices, but $150 to install is rediculous, once I figured out what to do, the camber adjusters were easier then the rear bumpers to get off, it only took me about 20 min to do both sides. Although I did have to use the same bolts. I got a nice shiney 1/2 in. rachet too, you can't complain about new tools. Yeah I did get an alignement although it took forever for me to find a place that will do an alignment when the suspension isn't stock. got it for a song too, only $50.

Back