and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

EGR Valve Replacement on a 2007 Explorer

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by berniemac, November 29, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. berniemac

berniemac New Member

Year and Model:
      2007 ford Explorer
      Does anyone have a good write up on how to replace the EGR valve on a 2007 Explorer, mine is on the way out according to the mechanic who just diagnosed it and I was hoping some one on here might be able to share some information on how to tackle this.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. edwx

edwx Active Member

City, State:
      Syracuse, NY
      Year and Model:
      '06 XLS
      V6 or V8?

4. berniemac

berniemac New Member

Year and Model:
      2007 ford Explorer
      V8, 4.6, just had a dealership tell me over the phone that there would not be one on this one in particular, surprised since my mechanic told me it was bad.

5. edwx

edwx Active Member

City, State:
      Syracuse, NY
      Year and Model:
      '06 XLS
      That's why I asked. According to the Haynes manual, 4th Gen. V-8's don't have them. Maybe time for a new mechanic?

6. berniemac

berniemac New Member

Year and Model:
      2007 ford Explorer
      Thinking that too, has been really good up till this point. I had him check as the truck has a tick coming from the passenger side from time to time, sounded like a exhaust manifold leak to me but then dissapears from time to time, hence the quick off the cuff diagnosis perhaps.