Error codes 186 & 539.

dalecarlile

Reaction score
City, State
Tigard OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hi Ya,
I found this this site while searching for information on how to proceed once you have a DTC from a reader. I have not yet found the information to get beyond what the code is. I am hoping to find it here somewhere. I bought my 94 Explorer after beign rear ended by a less than attentive lady who put the rear bumper of my Malibu under my rear axel. (Oh she was "only doing the speed limit" and I know of some beach front property for sale cheap too.)

The Explorer was the only car I could find that I could get in and out of with my sore back. Now I am attempting to learn how to keep it running. It was so much easier before computerized engines. Any assistance in helping me find the information on how to proceed from a DTC will be appreciated.

Dale

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where too from the codes?

I guess was less than clear. I have the code reader, but do not know how to proceed after I have the codes. for instance if the code os for a longer than expected injector pulse or for a timing issue where do I go to find out what items t check out and how to test them? My haynes manual stops at what the code is.

..If you post up the code # others will reply with links and answers to their results in fixing that same code...After you post and while you are waiting, you could search here for that code #...

..Until you post the code, others won't know what you need help with..;)

codes 186, 539

I performed the KOEO test with a code reader and it provided the 186 injector pulse width to large error and a 539 error of air conditioner on (it was not) and defroster on (the lever was in the defroster position) errors.

I have no clue as to how to proceed with the 186 error as I believe it is a computer controlled item.

The reader instructions (destructions) tell me that I have to fix this error before I can read other types of DTC's. I was hoping to be lead t a source of info that would allow me to get started without asking one question after another. However I am not shy and I do know how to ask for help.

I have error codes 172 176 185 186 189 332 416 do I need to replace the sensors associated with these codes

Back