• Register Today It's free!

exhaust trouble

pud

Reaction score
City, State
pontefract
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 4.0 sohc
Hi I have a 01 standard explorer cloth seats etc and my exhaust has fallen off so I thought I also have a 99 north face that I use for spares so no worries until I found out that the exhaust is totally different,mine comes from the manifolds and cats then joins into one pipe then into the silencer where the north face has 2 inlets to the silencer,some one has fitted the wrong type and blocked the extra inlet to the silencer up,so I don't have a example of how the original should look so struggling really Don't want to fit the wrong type again as I feel it was detrimental to power,UK rhd model any help much appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI PUD go on to us automotive web site put year of truck then click on ford truck follow pages to exhaust diagrams to check pictures &part numbers u might be able to order one locally from exhaust supplier hope this helps matey.

HI PUD go on to us automotive web site put year of truck then click on ford truck follow pages to exhaust diagrams to check pictures &part numbers u might be able to order one locally from exhaust supplier hope this helps matey.
Thanks much appreciated

Oh well couldn't get the correct exhaust so made a side pipe tad loud but it's staying as it embarrases my kids on school run thanks for helping,I was going down the stainless route but £280+ vat for 4 foot of pipe seems a little exspensive to me thanks again

Yours should have twin pipes into the silencer, same as your north face and my '98. With out both pipes going into the box the back pressure will be down and thus engine performance/mpg will be effected
ebay have a few, this with 2yr guarantee http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-EXPL...plorer&hash=item3cd6b83aa4:g:AvYAAOSwcdBWRI95
When mine went I had a Longlife stainless fitted from the cats back, it was fitted way back in 2004 and has never been any problem it also has a nice "burble" note to it :)

Yeh that's how my northface is but my 01 goes into one pipe then to the silencer still using the two bolt clamp so one inlet and one outlet then after the silencer it should have a resonator,it had the wrong type fitted when I purchased her and they had blocked the extra inlet up with a old deodorant can and the power was shocking,the side pipe has increased power tremendously but now sounds like Whitby lifeboat I think I need one for the e code engine I found it on us automotive but they don't have them so going to see what else it needs for mot before I outlay on a stainless

Thank you my kids will be happy

Back