Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorer Sport Tuning' started by deewan, March 10, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. chowdarygm

chowdarygm New Member

City, State:
      DeKalb, IL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2015 Ford Explorer XLT
      Hey Jon, I have the same stock setup as yours on my 15 XLT and looking for upgrading the stock speakers as they are sounding very flat even when compared to my 11 Fusion. whats the model of the Infinity speakers you have got? Are these the one? I am just looking to little bit more bass to the existing system as somehow my 11 Fusion with stock speakers could vibrate the rear view mirror but the Explorer can't even reach that level.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. brokkanic

brokkanic New Member

City, State:
      Honolulu, Hawaii
      2015 Explorer XLT
      202a
      I think you're going to be disappointed if you swap out the factory speakers without adding a 4ch amp to power the aftermarket speakers. With or without the amp the clarity of your system will definitely improve. However the factory head unit lacks the power to really drive any sort of aftermarket set up.

So basically, if you swap out the factory speakers for aftermarket speakers you will actually lose what little bass you have but gain clarity.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Jon M

Jon M Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Mount Pleasant, SC
      2015 Explorer XLT
      I got those for the front doors, and the 6512is for the rear doors.

There is a definite improvement in clarity, and I've noticed no loss of bass. That said, I dropped it at the dealer a couple of days after the install, and it's been there for 10 days, so I haven't spent that much time in it with the new speakers.

• Like Like x 1
    5. chowdarygm

chowdarygm New Member

City, State:
      DeKalb, IL
      2015 Ford Explorer XLT
      I can spend couple of hundred dollars without wife getting mad :laugh:. Do you think I can get an amp installed within 200 and gain more sound quality? I also bought extended premium care warranty and doesn't want to loose it if there's going to be too much touching of electronics to add an amp.

6. brokkanic

brokkanic New Member

City, State:
      Honolulu, Hawaii
      2015 Explorer XLT
      202a
      You should be able to. You could get one of those 4ch power packs for around 100+. Install should be around 100 for parts + labor.

7. Zodiac

Zodiac Active Member

2017 Ford Explorer Sport
      I've taken my Explorer to a few audio shops and I'm not sure what it is but I've been quoted things from 1000+ worth of work (replace all speakers + install amp + install some sort of other converter) to another audio shop that said my option was to replace the entire head unit!

Anyone know of a reputable shop that they've worked with in the Phoenix area?