Sunafi

Reaction score
City, State
Brampton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Explorer, Platinum
Hi,

I have 2 questions on Explorer feature's

1. Rear Wiper's move's regularly on set intreval irrespective if it's raining or not. Front Wiper's are water (rain) sensing, but rear Wiper are not, is it correct?

2. I set temperature to lowest, with fan on, but I don't get outside cool air.
Even if weather is cool outside, and if I keep temperate to low (lowest), why do I don't I get cool air, with inside air button off.
(My old Camry works fine, if temperature is set lowest, I do get outside air once fan is on.)

any suggestions please?

thx.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rear wiper is either ON or OFF. If ON, it will wipe at the interval you have set. If you don't want it to wipe, you have to turn it OFF.
I don't know about the other issue. I always have mine set on 'Auto' and currently at 20 degrees C and don't touch anything. The system does what it has to keep the cabin temperature at that level. I know for a fact that it has brought in the outside air because it was cooler than what it was in the cabin. If the outside air would have been warmer it would have turned on the A/C.
EDIT: Do you have the 'Climate' button ON? If not this is what the Manual says;
Power: Press to switch the system on and off. When the system is off, it
prevents outside air from entering the vehicle

Peter

thanks for your reply.... the moment I make fan plus (+) button, climate becomes ON.. I will try with Auto ON and see ...

One more thing, in one of my key chain, I have a metal (steal) key, I think that belongs some where in trunk, any idea where is the lock for which that key is given?

thanks a lot.

The only key that you should have is the one that is inside the IA key fob and it opens the driver's door and I believe the glove box. There should be nothing in cargo area that requires a key to my knowledge. It is actually called a key blade in the Manual.

Peter

In addition to the two IA fobs(and the metal keys) I was given when I picked up my vehicle, I also received a standard style black key that has the same cut as the emergency keys inside the fobs.

The standard looking key is for driver's door and glovebox locks. The concept is to use this key for owners that regularly lock their glovebox and to avoid opening and closing the back of the IA fob to retrieve the emergency key. That latch will break with daily opening and closing. For those of us that don't lock the glovebox, you should leave it in a safe place instead.

Back