Eye-to-eye length on stock shackle? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eye-to-eye length on stock shackle?

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Does someone know, or can someone get this for me? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm thinking about changing my current front shackles (stock Explorer ones) to the Ranger-type shackles. Just want to know how they compare in length to Explorer stockers. :)

I forgot to mention Ranger, GJarrett! :p

Center hole to center hole 4.5" However the top mount is differnet than the explorer. To use them you would have to redo your frame mount on the front end. Look for YJ shackes they come in a bunch of different lengths. 4"-7" can be found pretty easy. I have some extra ones that I belive are 5.75" center hole to center hole. If you want them all they will cost is ride up to chico in a box. Look at the shackles I used they are the same ones I am running up front. I just have an extra pair.

Pffft, just make your own..

3/8" x 2" bar stock, cut, drill, and bolt on.. Oh, wait, you can't drill the right size hole..

tdavis said:

3/8" x 2" bar stock, cut, drill, and bolt on.. Oh, wait, you can't drill the right size hole..

Bwwaaaaa!!! Good one! ;)

Johnny, does your girlfriend know you have a problem with holes? O'yeah...that explains the Astroglide! :p

Yeah, I want to redo my front mounts to accept the Ranger kind. :D

Maybe I will just make my own then! :p

This type of mount would work much better for me. Except it would be more under the frame than on the side of it.

Attachments

• IM000500Small.jpg
    IM000500Small.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 253

tdavis said:

Hahahahahhahahahahah ahha aha ha ha :fire:

Back