Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

f-150/Bronco spring question

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by pphillips250, January 16, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. pphillips250

pphillips250 New Member

City, State:
      Warrensville NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 Ford Explorer xlt
      I've recently been thinking about lifting my 93 xlt, and have came across threads where people use 2wd f150 springs to lift up first gen explorers about 2-2.5 inches. My friend recently installed a lift kit on his 4wd full size bronco and gave me the stock 4wd coil springs. They seem to be the same size as 4wd f-150 springs. My question is, has anybody put 4wd f-150 or bronco springs on their explorer. If so how much lift did it give you? Or what problems did you run into? Is it too much lift to still be alignable on stock axle and radius arm pivots?
      thanks- Paul

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Rhett

Rhett Let Them Eat Cake Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Cape Girardeau, MO
      94 Sport 4x4
      It would be more like 1.5" of lift most likely, especially with used springs and a 4-door truck. You would be using a spacer.

1.5" is very alignable, even with stock camber bushings. 2.5" and up is where you run into alignment issues. My truck has about 2-21/4" (using Skyjacker 132X springs) and it's right at the limit with Moog K80109. Any more and I would need drop brackets. Every TTB is a little different though.

4. RangerX

RangerX Elite Ranger Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Omao, Kauai
      '93 Ranger XLT 4X4
      I always thought they were different diameters...
      Can you link a thread that shows people swapping in the coils, and not just the coil spacers?