factory fog lights keep them on ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

factory fog lights keep them on ??

I have a 96 EXPL has anyone found a way to keep the factory fogs on with the high beams. also i noticed that when i pull the high beam lever back for flashing there brighter than the high beams themselves, can i keep them, that bright. and while we are talking lights can you run the fogs just with the parking lights ??

thanks you guys are the experts

In my experience, factory fogs are on only with the low beams. They are off with the brights and parking lights. Altering this config is tough, you might just want to get other lights with a separate switch. As far as the lights being brighter when you have the lever back, when operating the brights temporarily, the low beams stay on.

Disconnect the wires from the lights and run an independant switch to the lights so you can operate them whenever you want.
If you want them to shine when the brights are on, find the lead that is hot when the brights are on and tie the power lead into that. When you have the switch on and pull your brights, both will work together.
If you just want to run the lights from the switch itself wire it normal. Then you can turn it on whenever you want regardless of what other lights are on. Hope that helps.

fog lights

I disconnected the wiring from the high beam fitted a new relay that switched on the fog lights with the park lights.
I allso fitted 24volts 75watts globs to the lights as they where to bright at night to be on all of the time.

Back