Fan on my 2000 Explorer only runs on high. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fan on my 2000 Explorer only runs on high.

bnrchild

Reaction score
City, State
Hernando, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. First my AC and Heater fan would only run on high. That went on for a year. Now the fan will only run on low. Do I need a new fan or could it be a relay swithc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2000 Explorer is doing the exact same thing...and for a while last week, even when I turned the whole unit to off, the fan would still blow on high. That stopped and now it only runs on high, but at least I can turn it off.
Anyway, after researching the problem on here, it looks as if there isn't much doubt that the problem is my blower motor speed controller, since I have the EATC system in my truck.

Does anyone have direction on how to replace blower motor speed controller

I was looking for some directions on how to replace the blower motor:usa:

replacing the blower motor is pretty straight forward, U may need to unscrew the coolant & wiper reservoir so u can get at the screws around the blower motor. Just unscrew (i think 4 screws) unplug the connection and pull it out.

Back