FAT ASS TIRES!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FAT ASS TIRES!!

Can some one tell me the exact size tire that I can fit under my explorer without needing to jack it up?
And without having problems with having the tire rubbing the inside of the fenders and sway bar and all that ****?

I would like to have 33s on it but i'm thinking I will need something like largers springs?

Important!!!!
Say I want 33s on my X. What would be the total cost to make that happen? And what would I have to do, and have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why in the world would you run an offroad tire that is smaller than the stock size?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I can't believe I just read all of that!

This is a serious question, do you plan on doing these mods or just bombard the board with a bunch of stupid ass questions.

Don't be such a ****ing dick head! I come for info.. If you want to be a ****ing ******* to don't ****ing reply!! I was a very simple question.... I know standard not metric...

This is not a dumb question... Does anyone know if anyone makes a 29x14.5x15 or a 30x14.5x15 size tire? or possible a 31x14.5x15?

To fit any of those you will need anywhere from 2-4" of lift, hope you know that.

why are are stuck on 14.5" wide? that's pretty wide.. don't plan on making any tight turns!

and cool down dude.. he was just asking if you were gonna do this. you gotta admit.. you've asked a lot of questions about tires and seem to have gotten nowhere. spend some time on tire manufacturers websites. they list ALL their sizes and what the metrics come out as too. simple way to see it all instantly.

Originally posted by jasonb
why are are stuck on 14.5" wide? that's pretty wide.. don't plan on making any tight turns!

and cool down dude.. he was just asking if you were gonna do this. you gotta admit.. you've asked a lot of questions about tires and seem to have gotten nowhere. spend some time on tire manufacturers websites. they list ALL their sizes and what the metrics come out as too. simple way to see it all instantly.

But dude! That takes too much work! I seriously think this is another "headed down hill thread"
Some just can't grasp the concept of researching things... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by RFR2212
But dude! That takes too much work! I seriously think this is another "headed down hill thread"
Some just can't grasp the concept of researching things... :rolleyes:

LOL :D <-- a.k.a "post pad"

It's good that I know now about setting up my explorer.

Man I sounded really dumb back when I was asking those question.

I'm truely sorry that you people had to put up with such stupidity....

no worries, so what are you doing?

35X15.50-15 tires with a 3" body lift and a 5.5" or 6" Rancho suspension lift kit, and 4.88 or 5.13 gears and a detroit locker in the rear axle.... all i have right now to add it my brush-gard grill-gard... and will be putting Kumho Road Venture MT's on my stock rims this summer....

This list will take a bit of time to aquire. But i'm planning on getting a road vehical and taking my explorer off and building it up slowly...:confused:

I'm thinking maybe smaller tires...

What kind of mud an swamp play can I do with a 3" body lift and 31x10.5x15?

will I need better than my 3.27 gears for that. for now? And have good on road manner or a little bit?

What I need is some guidence for a beginner.

Originally posted by divinesoul777
35X15.50-15 tires with a 3" body lift and a 5.5" or 6" Rancho suspension lift kit, and 4.88 or 5.13 gears and a detroit locker in the rear axle.... all i have right now to add it my brush-gard grill-gard... and will be putting Kumho Road Venture MT's on my stock rims this summer....

This list will take a bit of time to aquire. But i'm planning on getting a road vehical and taking my explorer off and building it up slowly...:confused:

I'm thinking maybe smaller tires...

What kind of mud an swamp play can I do with a 3" body lift and 31x10.5x15?

will I need better than my 3.27 gears for that. for now? And have good on road manner or a little bit?

What I need is some guidence for a beginner.

Sounds like ya need to honestly sit down, and look at what ya can afford, and figure it out. It works out to do it right the first time. A body lift should be just fine w/ 31's and that'll get ya light playing. Gears. I've got one truck w/ 4.10s and 33's and 3.73's with 35's. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are 4.88's for the front end. Either 4.56 or 5.13 31's will get ya light wheelin

I shoulden't need any new gears with 31's right?

I shoulden't need any new gears with 31's right?
They won't be great, but you can get away with them.

Robb

3.27s even suck with only 31s. I had mine like that for a month and then shelled out the money gladly for a gear swap. And this was even with my s/c.

Has anyone here had 30x9.5x15 on their stock rims?

How did it work out, and how long did or have you had them that way?

divinesoul777

30x9.5/15 are between the 235x75/15 (metric) and the 31x10.5 (standard). You shouldn't be able to tell a difference between them. It will give a better stance and make it look better.

I had 31x10.5's on my truck with 3.27 gears for a year. When I got the KKM intake, better plugs and plug wires, it helped a lot! Luckly I scored a great deal from the junk yard for some 3.73 w/ rear L/S and front open for $195.00 total. This made all the difference in the world. When my wife bought me a custom 2.5" catback for my birthday, it really made a difference. Now I have 32x11.5's and I could use 4.10's, maybe even 4.56's, if I decide to get 33x10.5's when my Trail Master 4' kit gets in. That will be a little down the road. My 32's only have 8,000 miles as of now. With some 15x8 offset rims, it will look good with 32's or 33's. I have seen both combinations from other members rigs.

I hope I have helped you in this matter. Feel free to PM me with Q's so you won't overload the Board!

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

I wanna know if there is such a thing as a 3" back spacing for a '93 explorer..... If so, is it unrealistic? I want more space then 3.75 BS...

Back