Feature Truck Bobbreadknot 6-15-04 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feature Truck Bobbreadknot 6-15-04

This feature truck belongs to Jon, one of the US's newest Marines:usa::thumbsup:

My name is Jon Morrison and this is my X.

outside Mods
k&n filter
bug deflector
4 mounted maglights
vent visors
tinted windows
carbon taillights
warrior shackles
edlebrock shocks
12 pilot lights equipped with bigger bulbs
2 baja fogs
2 thin beam lights
3 inch PA BL
35x12.5 BFG A/t

Inside mods
cobra radar detector
alpine 4 way speakers
pioneer flipdown player
2 MA 12"'s
2 channel 1400w amp
NOS swithes for light control
Cow seats :p
and a lucky chicken foot for good luck

487173_15_full.jpg

light switches

487173_14_full.jpg

Lights

487173_6_full.jpg

487173_10_full.jpg

this truck has been through many changes in the last month or so

Stock
487173_33_full.jpg

little bigger
487173_31_full.jpg

and even bigger
487173_44_full.jpg

and now
487173_54_full.jpg

487173_49_full.jpg

Future mods inlcude
SOA
SAS
Blower for a second intake
More backup lights
smaller bumpers for better approach angles
and a locker for the rear
but not having enought time or $$$ they have to wait tell im out of bootcamp.

thats it for now,ill keep yall updated as things go on. :exp:
i would also like to thank everyone on this site for helping turn my dream into a reality. iv waited years for lifted truck and i fiinally did it!
thanks guys :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's still a few places where you could put some more lights....maybe a set in the rear to get tailgaters off your a$$?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

oooo but you see we thought ahead and did that :cool: . me and bob put two fog lights on the back. I told him to do it so he can see what hes running over when backing up at night. :p
also he has means for losing tailgaters. when they get to close he has a button up front that he pushes and shoots water onto there car/truck. it works very good :D

I still think you have some room left for lights on there. I suggest buying stock in whichever brand you have been purchasing. I sure hope you guys have a relay for ever pair of lights. If not you'll have a serious wiring issue on your hands.

Also I suggest a S/C sticker on the side to go with the hood mounted blower.

It's looks nice with 35's, mods do well though when it does not impare drivability.

I don't think the skull would have anything to do with implying that it has more HP. I like the lights in the eyes though, that's cool.

When does he goto bootcamp and where? I was stationed at Camp Pendleton.

P.S. Tell him to keep a low profile at boot camp, best way to stay off the quarter deck.

Semper Fi

hes there

2001ExpSport said:
When does he goto bootcamp and where?
he is at boot camp. he comes home next friday. after that he goes to his school in 29 palms.

hellllllllllooooooooooooooooooooo everybody. im still alive and in one peice as of yesterday. i got back in town last night and it feels good to be home. i recived my Eagle globe and anchor on thursday and graduated on friday. i had been kept informed of the TOTW by my GF and am quite proud that it has been up so long. thanks rick for keeping it up tell i got back to see it for myself. :D :D :D :D :D if yall have any questions about bootcamp shoot'em out and i can tell ya about it. i can start with it sucked the WHOLE time. :thumbdwn: . not only that but i missed my X alot. of course when i drove it through mud, sand, rocks, dirt, curbs, bushes, trees and animals it never broke....much. but while i was gone just driving it home from getting the lock changed on the door the engine blew. go figure huh. must be off road cappable only :confused: :eek: :confused: . the total they hit me with when i got back was 1500 bucks. and i came out of boot with only 1880.sucks for me. but i get it back monday and i really could care less about the price.i got some recent pics of a few mods that arrived after i left for bootcamp so new pics will be posted soon. later, kill.. :thumbsup:

bobdreadknot said:
if yall have any questions about bootcamp shoot'em out and i can tell ya about it. i can start with it sucked the WHOLE time. :thumbdwn:

Just wait until MCT, four weeks of forced marching mayhem. Gotta love the Grim Reaper.

Good luck boot.....lol, j/k.

What's your MOS?

my MOS is command and control electrician/moble sat com. i acctually cant wait to get to MCT, we get to fire the SAW gun :D :D :D . im just glad to be home. :thumbsup:

bobdreadknot said:
my MOS is command and control electrician/moble sat com. i acctually cant wait to get to MCT, we get to fire the SAW gun :D :D :D . im just glad to be home. :thumbsup:

You get to fire the SAW, M-60, 50CAL and MK-19 grenade launcher. Nothing like launching 20 HE grenades in less than 10 seconds.

The .50cal was my crew serve weapon and I had it with me at all times during training ops. She could stop a train...:smoke:

that just made my day. i think in the first week there we throw live grenades. i cant wait for the m203 though. i got to fire it on rifle range week because was the series high shooter. missed company high shooter by 2 points.

hey man, glad u made it home in 1 piece. no place like home, eh? when u gonne leave again and for how long now? time for a gilmer trip eh?

bobdreadknot said:
missed company high shooter by 2 points.

The 203 is small time....lol

I almost got on the rifle team, but they screwed up my join/train dates so I never went. I was pissed, but ya, it's great being the high shooter huh? I ended up being a Marksman:shoot:Instructor instead during my last couple years.

Good luck,
Matt

Welcome back Marine. OohRah! Good Job on the Range. Coincidentally, I'm on the Rifle Range this week, but I don't shoot nearly as good as you do. I qual tommorow.

Welcome back! I'm glad you finally got to see your feature first hand!

Crazy5711 said:
Welcome back Marine. OohRah! Good Job on the Range. Coincidentally, I'm on the Rifle Range this week, but I don't shoot nearly as good as you do. I qual tommorow.

I heard the scoring system has changed for the rifle range. Is this true or are they still scoring on the 250 max points system?

yes they did go back to the 250 point scoring. i dont like it very much but its not like i had a choice. thanks rick again for leaving it up until i got back, i got new pics for all to see of the new crap i put on in the past few days. ill be sure to put them up before i leave for school of infantry.

bobdreadknot said:
yes they did go back to the 250 point scoring. i dont like it very much but its not like i had a choice. thanks rick again for leaving it up until i got back, i got new pics for all to see of the new crap i put on in the past few days. ill be sure to put them up before i leave for school of infantry.

Actually, the 250 point system is for ELR, SLR uses the 65 point system. ELR is entry level rifle, SLR is sustainment level rifle. Basically, in boot camp they use the 250 point system, everywhere else they use the 65 point system. I shot a 35 yesterday, which is Sharpshooter. Bob, Are you still coming out here after SOI/MCT? Let me know when you are on the way out here so we can meet up. Until then, have a great time on boot leave.

ill be coming out to MCT on monday but i dont have to "clock in" until tuesday at 1500, so if you want to meet up at the airport i think my plane gets in at 2230 on monday and i have no idea where to go to tell them im there. my cell number is a california number now so i have one when i get out there if you want to call it on monday il be there.

bobdreadknot said:
ill be coming out to MCT on monday but i dont have to "clock in" until tuesday at 1500, so if you want to meet up at the airport i think my plane gets in at 2230 on monday and i have no idea where to go to tell them im there. my cell number is a california number now so i have one when i get out there if you want to call it on monday il be there.

Funny, they did the same thing with me. I was there a day before I had to check in. Ended up staying at a friends house.

Good Luck,
Matt

well guys hes gone again. Avd. tranning so dont get mad if he doesnt reply to you.

Back