Feature truck - Celly's 2000 Sport 11-30-04 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feature truck - Celly's 2000 Sport 11-30-04

Background
-------------
-Purchased used in May '01, only 13,000 km. Supposedly driven by Ford employee before that.
-replaced a Contour SVT which was getting too beat up on backcountry gravel roads getting to mountainbike trailheads.
-have also owned a '93 Sport and leased a '97.
-2000 has been very reliable. Needed the timing chain warranty work done, needed some work done on front brakes been great since.
-Michelin LTX M/S tires replaced the Wilderness A/T as part of the infamous recall a few years back.
-other toys that go on and off include Yakima roof rack (bike and ski attachments) and Thule hitch-rack (bikes)
-had rear wiper motor replaced under extended warranty, not much better than original (need to "push start" it get to work)
-has been fed a steady diet of Mobil 1 5/30 for a while now.

Mods done BEFORE I found this site:
-------------------------------
-clear-corners (eBay), and no they're not yellowing.
-Pioneer Premier HU
-JL Audio 6X8 (front/rear)
-10" Alpine R series (formerly had an S series) sub powered by small Pioneer amp, small ported box
-"Euro-style" antenna (whatever that means)
-hitch
-vent visors (I don't care if they aren't "cool", they work)
-Samsung handfree unit
-Wilson external cell phone antenna, magnet mount (since changed to glass mount)
-Silverstar headlight bulbs

Mods AFTER I found this site (in no particular order):
--------------------------------
-Apten dual-program chip (87/91)
-MAC Intake
-Flowmaster SUV 50 Series muffler, aluminized 2.5" piping, 3" rolled SS tip.
-EE rear swaybar
-Monroe Reflex shocks
-4-leaf rear springs from a '96 4-door
-Diamond Cut headlights
-tinted tails, Testors "candy apple" mod
-white face gauges/silver radio bezel/silver HVAC controls from '02 Sport
-UPR billet HVAC knobs
-UPR billet tilt lever
-Autovation pedals
-Pioneer XM tuner
-Ford OEM rear spoiler
-Mustang "Bullitt" fuel door
-B-Quiet Extreme sound deadener
-NGK Iridium plugs
-Aftermarket plug wires (nice stuff from a place in Abbotsford, BC, I forget company name)

Mods that intrigue me
-----------------------------------
-aftermarket wheels (nothing too bling)
-Pro-M MAS

Mods that don't
----------------------------------
-lifting
-lowering
-supercharger
-throttle body spacer

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DDXPLORER said:
nice looking truck where did you get the gas cap

Thanks. Got the cap off of eBay. It's OEM Ford, complete with a Mustang logo on the inside of the door. It's just like this one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got one just like it exept its a 99...

awsome job on the mods...

how do you like the performance mods you have done? (chip, intake and exhaust) were the worth it...

a friend of mine with a 97 told me his intake and exhaust made a big difference on his, so i was wondering how you like them!

Thanks for the kudos.

If you're only going to do three performance mods to your Ex, do the intake and exhaust, then get a custom program on a chip or a flasher, programmed to your specific mods, other features of your Ex (i.e. gear ratio) and driving style and needs. I've done all three (as you know), and they're highly recommended mods.

We have two site sponsors that will take care of your programming needs. I've dealt with both of them and they're great guys and highly knowledgeable. Great service too:

Doug @ Bamachips

Wayne @ Hypnotic Illusions

One more mod that really makes a difference to your ride is an Explorer Express rear swaybar. (another site sponsor)

Don't forget this site as a valuable source of info. Lots of good resources in the archives. Use the SEARCH function to find what you're looking for. Prepare to spend lots of coin as the mod bug bites you. ;)

Sick Truck Man !!!
Love that filler door.
Real Nice !!

jwhawg

Celly...Dawg yur back on top! Been wanting to compliment you on your rig since I joined. One of my Fav's along with Blackmagic, and of course BBQ_HOTDOGS old rig. (Seems wierd calling such a clean ride 'old'...RIP) I wish I could get the gas cap too, but on the '03 the 'style line' around the wheel well goes right through the middle of it.
Keep up the good work!

mctoy said:
Celly...Dawg yur back on top! Been wanting to compliment you on your rig since I joined. One of my Fav's along with Blackmagic, and of course BBQ_HOTDOGS old rig. (Seems wierd calling such a clean ride 'old'...RIP) I wish I could get the gas cap too, but on the '03 the 'style line' around the wheel well goes right through the middle of it.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the compliments. I don't think mine compares to Black Magic. His is one of a kind and tres sweet. Mine is still pretty much stock in a lot of ways. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford some nice wheels.

I appreciate the compliments (yourself and the guy who put me on top again ;))

Cheers...

Back