Feature Truck Spindlecone 5-10-04 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feature Truck Spindlecone 5-10-04

Spindlecone joined the site and became an Elite Explorer the next day! I thought I would honor that commitment, by giving his good looking Sport Trac Feature Truck status. Thanks for your support!

"Been on several ford sites in the past, this one is pro-quality
glad to be here.
Chipped, open intake, optima yellow top, billet grill, airdam, all cladding and EGrs blacked out, M.F exhaust, rancho 5 Ks, dropped 1/38s in the rear only, EE swaybar and hoodscoop, CF badges and tails. all de-badged, Piaa 980s, am done (maybe a S.C in the future, than done) maybe:)) forgot, powertrax unit, Moda 7s, Kumho exsta sts tires, trickflow diff girdle."

Attachments

• st_temp.jpg
    st_temp.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,340
  • st_temp2.jpg
    st_temp2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,310

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice ST.. Thats something I didn't realize.. he became elite within the same week he joined..

Looking Good Man! :chug:

:bounce: Holy Sheep Sh$T, thats my S.T, am shocked and Honored, thanks all, thanks Rick

sweet truck! I'm suprised to see the powertrax in a sport truck, why not just go with a limited slip? but i guess it could make sense if you started with an open rear, cause the cost isn't much different, and maybe you even want the chirps around the corners ;)

Nice looking truck. Glad to have another street truck around here!

Seems odd to only lower the rear. I thought most had rear sag. Maybe the ST's have more of a rake and X's have the rear sag.

Went with the powertrax because I did have an open diff and unlike an L.S unit you get 100% equal power to both rears, the PT no slip is also very streetable over other type lockers.
The S.Ts do have a pronounced foreward rake, wanted mine to set level, now it is:)

nice truck...by the way. Any side pics?

Sweeeeet! :thumbsup:

Side pic

Attachments

• Mvc-008s.jpg
    Mvc-008s.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,214

Do you mind me asking how much the tire/rim setup was?

As I recall, about 1500 from the tirerack total

Yeah, that truck looks sweet.

very nice looking! Congrats!

i dig it! i was like spindlecone? who is that? but since you are new it makes sense. looks sweet...for only being around for a short time youve sure done alot of work on it!

How about some interior shots? Nice looking sport my friend.

woot! nice S/T :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back